Contributor

Melania2: I saw how much you like your Juro frother, so thought I would give it a try. I ordered mine from Amazon today because my BBB did not have one. I haven't the slightest idea about how to make a latte with it---guess it will have good directions. I'd love to hear whatever you can tell me about it ---what kind of coffee you use, etc. I would like to use almond milk if that would work OK. Is the frother all I need, or do I need any other accessories? I like Starbuck's lattes and sure would like to make some to taste similar---at a much less cost. Thanks.

Contributor

I just got my Jura frother and tried it for the 1st time this morning. The frother works great--I am very pleased with it, but will someone out there tell me what type of coffee they add and how they brew it? I added an instant espresso, but am not fond of the flavor. I have a Keurig, but am not sure I could make the coffee strong enough with that. Do you just make a regular pot of coffee and make it extra strong? I used almond milk and am pleased with the way it frothed. Tried & True advice would be helpful to avoid all of the experimenting. We like Starbuck's lattes and would love to be able to make something similar. Thanks for any help.

Trusted Contributor
On 6/16/2014 bbqjudge said:

I just got my Jura frother and tried it for the 1st time this morning. The frother works great--I am very pleased with it, but will someone out there tell me what type of coffee they add and how they brew it? I added an instant espresso, but am not fond of the flavor. I have a Keurig, but am not sure I could make the coffee strong enough with that. Do you just make a regular pot of coffee and make it extra strong? I used almond milk and am pleased with the way it frothed. Tried & True advice would be helpful to avoid all of the experimenting. We like Starbuck's lattes and would love to be able to make something similar. Thanks for any help.

Here is what I do and my family (DS 27yo, DD 24yo) thinks it tastes as good as Starbucks Caramel Macchiato:

I make an espresso using Nespresso or sometimes just any kind of Bold or dark roast coffee in my Keurig. You can even use your own coffee just make it strong.

Put about 6-8 oz of the coffee in a larger cup.

Add a tablespoon of Caramel syrup (I bought the bottle at Starbucks, I think it's Da Vinci?)

Heat and froth milk (I have the nespresso frother that does both at once)

Pour the milk into the cup of espresso/coffee and spoon the frothy part over it. Or just spoon the froth in and don't let the liquid go into the cup. I forget all the names but you can experiment with the order of the liquids and the flavor you like.

Drizzle with caramel sauce.

They love it!!

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Forgot to mention you can make the above recipe as an iced drink too. I don't like my coffee to be watered down so I let the coffee cool first. Then I froth COLD milk and don't use the heat feature. I pour it all over ice. add whipped cream and then drizzle the caramel on top. Diet buster!!! Smiley Wink

KJPA
Contributor

KJPA: Thanks for your detailed information--it's very helpful. I have some of the DaVinci caramel syrup, but have been using the vanilla, so will give the caramel a try next time. Do you have a set amount of milk you add, then put the froth on top? I played with it again this morning--just added milk until color looked right, then spooned froth on top and it was the best so far. I used half & half today and think I like the flavor better than with the almond milk. I think I've seen some K-cup type brand that is espresso---will check & try that if available. Thank you so much for taking time to respond.