Respected Contributor

From The NY Post On-Line, 10/13

http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/aunt-sues-8-year-old-nephew-who-joyfully-jumped-into-her-arms/

This is the state of the world today.  I am sickened.  

Comment or not as you choose.

Respected Contributor

Re: From The NY Post On-Line, 10/13

Wow - that is horrible!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's probably much, much more to the story than being reported in this article.    

Just the fact there's a trial says a lot about the nephew's family...as well as the aunt.   Surprised insurance (on both sides) didn't take care of the expenses.

Wonder if the relation was with the father or the deceased mother. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just flipping chnnels and passed through the Talk, which I don't watch. But I heard one of the women talking about this and stopped to listen.

What a shameful and ridiculous situation.  Any judge or court that would honor a ridiculous thing like this is a disgrace to their profession.

But maybe - just maybe - there's a scheme going on to defraud the insurance company that insures the boy's family.  Maybe???

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard them say on "The Talk," the boy inheritted some money.  The aunt may be after that $$$.

The headline in the Connecticut Post about this story is: "Sued For Exhuberance."

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine an 8 year old jumping into anyone's arms...lol   However, I suppose it's possible that his Dad's homeowner's insurance would pay the damages if he's found to be at fault.  Or perhaps, he inherited a sum of money from his mother's estate and the aunt wants to tap into that.  Jeesh, while I think it was a pretty bizarre thing for an 8 year old to do, it has been 3 years now.  The injury wasn't intentional.  It's time the aunt moved on and stopped being so vindictive. 

Respected Contributor

Connell said the broken wrist still gives her problems even now.

“I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she said

how about some cheese with that WHINE

Respected Contributor

I'd like to deliver a good smack to the woman. Difficult to hold a plate at a party???

The article I read said the boy is 12.

Esteemed Contributor

I sincerely hope that for the rest of her life she gets everything she deserves for doing this to that child

Now that she is a laughingstock I wonder if she will sue herself because as a 54-year-old she should have known she would be held up to public ridicule and suffer at the very least social consequences from her actions.

@kdgn, my understanding is that the child was 8 when this occurred and is now 12.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I'd like to deliver a good smack to the woman. Difficult to hold a plate at a party???

LOL   That was the best part - the injury made it difficult to hold her hors d'oeuvre plate.  Oh well - common sense prevailed and she lost the suit.  This happened in the wealthy community of Westport, CT so you can imagine the judge hears any number of petty lawsuits.