Contributor

Re: Frightening heat projection map...

The big question is who created the heat Map? I don't get excited by these things because each and every group is trying to project their own agenda. It is rather like voting, you must do your own research and reach your own conclusion.

Esteemed Contributor

Funny how they cannot even get the 10 day forecast right around here, yet we are to believe what will happen decades from now.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@caf in va wrote:

The big question is who created the heat Map? I don't get excited by these things because each and every group is trying to project their own agenda. It is rather like voting, you must do your own research and reach your own conclusion.

From their website:

Climate Central scientists publish peer-reviewed research on climate science; energy; impacts such as sea level rise; climate attribution and more. Our work is not confined to scientific journals. We investigate and synthesize weather and climate data and science to equip local communities and media with the tools they need to visualize the threat of climate change and the need for practical solutions.

Their staff and board members:

http://www.climatecentral.org/what-we-do/people

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

It's probably too late, but we should do whatever we can to help the environment / alleviate climate change.  None of us individually will make a difference but collectively we can.

Honored Contributor

I live in Florida - it's supposed to get hot there.

Esteemed Contributor

By 2025 according to that chart Phoenix is going to cool down. Yipee. Just have to survive another 110 degree day today.

Honored Contributor

We used to have a couple of weeks of hot and many months of winter.  I loved that because I always hated the heat.

Now we have hot days from January on.    But, at this point with the autoimmune thing, now I can't even be outside for more than a few minutes even if it is only 70 and I start falling out, turning purple, and getting sick.   

I miss our long, cold, snowy winters!!   

Respected Contributor

@meowing kitty wrote:

By 2025 according to that chart Phoenix is going to cool down. Yipee. Just have to survive another 110 degree day today.

And live that long.  LOL  My niece lives in Phoenix and I have a couple SIL's that live around Lake Havesue.   All are suffering this heat.  They want us to move there, no way.

I'll take our harsh winters over the cold anyday.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@caf in va wrote:

No, actually it's nothing like that.  You say we must do your own research, but unfortunately, most people don't.  The warnings have been out for years and if people had paid any attention, you would already know the most ominous sign is that our oceans are warming, which is the reason our ice shelves are melting, and that it's already affecting animal life.

Here's the bottom line: it's not an agenda, it's science. 

It's a big question as to who created the map?  No, it's not.  The name of the creators is right there on the map, as is a statement of who they are. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Still waiting for the doom and gloom AlGore predicted to occur.