Trusted Contributor

Re: Friends-We just had a COSTCO open in our area-Help!

Go with a friend and divide things up if you can. I used to shop there with my mom or one of my sisters so we could buy things like bread or cereal (in a two-pack) and split it. 

Things I buy regularly at Costco:

coffee

paper goods (paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex)

rotisserie chicken

cocktail shrimp

fish

cheese

wine 

soup & chicken broth

almond butter 

maple syrup (the real stuff)

Their bakery is excellent if you have a special occasion. Since their stuff comes in such large sizes, if I can't freeze it or don't have room to store it, don't buy it. I don't buy a lot of product there because we can't eat it fast enough.

Respected Contributor

Kirkland ground coffee-beats Folgers by a mile!

Rotisserie chicken

In season-Caprese salad

Almost anything in the prepared foods section of the deli. The chicken enchiladas are a favorite

Hummus-especially when there is a roadshow.

Batteries

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches

Grape tomatoes

Kirkland olive oil-got very good reviews when that olive oil scandal was going around

5 grain crackers

Best foods mayo --good price for the large jar

Flameless candles when in season

towels

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

We just joined and I now own a case of red bull, diced tomatoes, snapple.  Stacked in garage.  I found Carole Hochman pajamas but there were no plus sizes.

Honored Contributor

People have covered most of our favorites.  I learned about their incredible plastic wrap with a built-in cutter from other lists like that.  Wonderful!

I agree, their albacore tuna is great.

I always get at least one rotisserie chicken, sometimes two, just for the two of us.  I slice the breast the night I bring it home and use the rest of the chicken for salads or sandwiches.

If our daughter will be around, I get the shrimp cocktail ring, DH doesn't eat shrimp.

I've recently started buying their large container of blueberries for just the two of us.  They keep well in the frig and I wash up at least half a cup every morning for our cereal.  They are a superfood.

I also buy their mushrooms, sometimes to add to recipes, but I also flavor and bake or stir-fry them.

In the pharmacy department I buy Kirkland brand Tylenol, Probiotics, vitamin D3, Ibuprofin, Glucosamine and COQ10.

We routinely get their disposable gloves and small paper cups for everyday use.

Love Costco at Christmas!  They have incredible specials on candles and holiday food.  Also great deals on holiday items for the home and kitchen.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally rejoined.  I buy my wine there.  The prices are GREAT.  I purchased a bottle of Stag's Leap chardonnay for $19.50 and it would have been $5 to $10 more elsewhere!  I also saved $5 or more on a bottle of K.J. Grand Reserve!

Here it is:  I paid $19 and change at Costco!!!  Score!

http://stagsleap.com/2013-Stags-Leap-Chardonnay-Napa-Valley

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I think they carry the "beloved" St. Elmo Steakhouse cocktail sauce which is FABULOUS!!  It's famous in the Indianapolis area.  I believe it's $7.99 for a bottle.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I think they carry the "beloved" St. Elmo Steakhouse cocktail sauce which is FABULOUS!!  It's famous in the Indianapolis area.  I believe it's $7.99 for a bottle.

I bought a bottle of this a couple of months ago . . . delicious but you better like spicy . . . wow!  But if you are looking for a different cocktail sauce, this is it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Traveller: Go to Costco.com and search Carole Hochman. There's a pajama set that comes in 3 colors ---- $22.99 each. Shipping is included. I bought the plum and grey stripe - very comfortable. They run BIG so size down. I wear size 12 and ordered size 8-10 and they're perfect. Your size is available on-line..

Respected Contributor

I have a friend that just bought those jammies and adores them. Wish they would sell her nightgowns too.

Trusted Contributor

We just had one open, too. I have only gone there once and did not buy much. What I have purchased, seems good. I think you will be happy with anything you buy. The gas was definitely cheaper.