Trusted Contributor

Friends-We just had a COSTCO open in our area-Help!

If you are a fan of Costco-what do you love to buy there?  This is new to meSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

If you are a fan of Costco-what do you love to buy there?  This is new to meSmiley Happy

The meat is what I like the best in the one I go to.  Produce is second.    I buy lot's of stuff.   They have duck breast jerky treats for dogs and my dogs will fight over it.   Other things I buy:

large tinfoil

large plastic wrap

coffee beans

paper towels

toilet paper

napkins

canned goods 

anything else I like to stock up on.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Friends-We just had a COSTCO open in our area-Help!

Rotisserie chicken

Croissants

Blueberry or Apple Crumb Muffins (these freeze really well, as do the croissants)

Pumpkin Pie (in season)

Chicken Salad

Batteries

Plants/Flowers

Enjoy!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

You do not have to join to go in and just walk around the store and see what they have.The fresh foods are fabulous but when I was a member the meats and veggies were only sold in large quantities. Since my DH traveled for his job every week and I was home alone that was not practical for us. I did buy a lot of large bags of dog food and  dog treats there.I also bought things like paper towels and toilet paper and detergents.When we moved to Florida I did not renew my membership because I don't have the space to store large quantities of those items and our dog has passed away. 

If I was a member there now I would go and buy a lot of canned tomatoes, green beans and frozen veggies to stock up as they are saying those items are going to be in short supply this fall at the grocery store and very expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

Kirkland Albacore tuna 

Honored Contributor

That is one thing I don't understand. Why such  large containers. At our Costco the grapes are in 4 lb containers at Sam's they are in 2 lb contaners. The broccoli at Costco is a 3 lb bag at Sam's it is a 2 lb bag. Also, the romaine lettuce lettuce is in a regular plastic bag at Costco and Sams has a zip closure so it is easier to deal with.

Also, be careful of expiration dates. I was so used to shopping at Sam's I never paid attention. But at Costco more than once I have bought things that the expiration date was the next week or the next month. One time I picked up something they were demonstrating that day and the product had an expiration date for the previous month.

Trusted Contributor

Beware of Costco.  It's great but also you can buy and spend much more than you need.  Great store for staples, althought Consumer Report says that when on sale many products at your neighborhood store are comparable.  Great when you have a party to get food, produce,, meat, cheese etc.  I am sure great for large familes.  However, since there are only 2 of us, I don't buy food for us, because I don't want to eat it or waste it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have memberships to both SAMs and Costco, find myself going to Costco more often because they have a fabulous selection of organic products, as well as gluten-free choices. I have become addicted to their sweet snap peas this summer, puppy and I sit in front of the TV and snack on them. Truly sweet and delicious!
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

I buy toilet paper
Kirkland brand olive oil
Kirkland bottled water
Kirkland albacore tuna
I purchased a Miraclesuit bathing suit in the spring for $29.95. Like the one a saw in
Macy's for a much higher price.

Gloria Vanderbilt Capri jeans

Also vitamins.

I

Respected Contributor

What credit card does CostCo use now?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.