Respected Contributor

Re: French Train Hero Attacked & Stabbed

Pepper Spray and/or Mace are excellent ideas.  It's possible you can Google or Bing either.  Or your local Sheriff's office might give you a clue where to find it.  

In a pinch, you can also use the "long distance" wasp/hornet spray. It has the same effect, although it comes in a sizeable can you wouldn't want to carry too many places. OK to keep in the car, however. It's never a bad idea to be prepared.

Respected Contributor

We haven't been given all the details....and to be honest...where alcholol is involved anything is possible.../just saying

Honored Contributor

Amazing how people make assumtions and jump to conclusions without having the facts. This young man is a hero who saved lives and does not deserve to be criticized by people who have no idea what really happened.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

12:45AM. Nightclub/bars. Getting into a dispute with others.

If this was anyone other than an 'American Hero', we would call them stupid, young, drunk kids...and this wouldn't even make it to the newspaper back page. Police 911 calls are littered with incidents like this....especially IF alcohol/drugs are present. This isn't the first time something like this has happened...and won't be the last.

Stabbing is famous for 'knowing the victim'...since it gets within their personal space. Maybe they had prior indigents with Spencer before?

Sometimes the Hero walks away.
Yes, on a train full of innocent civilians when guns are present...action needs to be taken & they're rewarded accordingly, but outside a nightclub, (probably) alcohol fueled, in middle of the night? A Hero can defuse that by....walking away.

I'm sure the Air Force is carefully treading water with this.

'180' speculation:  If Spencer had any sort of prior disciplinary offenses, this incident could be construed as a major incident under the Article 15 of the Air Force Uniform Code for disciplinary action....and he could be released from the Air Force. Any other normal-Joe active officer with questionable behavior, they would be kicked out...but since Spencer's an "American Hero" & gets kicked out? Ouch...the Public would frown upon that & it would leave all Armed Forces with a black eye.

Assuming he's 'perfect' because of one hero incident, is just that...assuming. This middle-of-the-night fight could be the norm for him...we just don't know. I'm speculating just as much as any other person.  

Of course he doesn't deserved to get hurt...no one does, but my 'Spidey Sense' says there's more...much, much more...to this story.

Respected Contributor

Yes, the military is getting involved.  

Honored Contributor

Something is very odd about this story.

Honored Contributor

I've never understood why some people speculate on fantastical stories of what might have been.

Not to mention an inclination to tear down someone others see as a hero.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Our local NYC news station showed a video of the incident, it was brutal.  It looked like a mob of people attacking him. 

I'm very happy his condition was upgraded to stable. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Our local NYC news station showed a video of the incident, it was brutal.  It looked like a mob of people attacking him. 

I'm very happy his condition was upgraded to stable. 

That's good news!  Hopefully he'll be able to provide more details...video is very grainy.