Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,660
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!

[ Edited ]

I did the free update last night, figured if it didn't work for me, I could purchase the $139 update & install it today. The free update worked, but it's a long process. I started it last night before I went to bed, when I got up this morning, the update had completed successfully. 

New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-14-2020

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the year 2020

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,614
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!


@sgraham30 wrote:

I did the free update last night, figured if it didn't work for me, I could purchase the $139 update & install it today. The free update worked, but it's a long process. I started it last night before I went to bed, when I got up this morning, the update had completed successfully. 


You're welcome if it was my post you saw and glad it worked out for you. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,955
Registered: ‎08-13-2010

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!

I think you get free upgrade for the next 10 days after that then you have to pay for it.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 552
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!

With the update does it include Office?  I don't want to lose that.

 

 

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,316
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!


@sissel wrote:

I think you get free upgrade for the next 10 days after that then you have to pay for it.


You can find the upgrade free online. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,316
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!


@Helen852 wrote:

With the update does it include Office?  I don't want to lose that.

 

 


The free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 does not include Microsoft Office. You have to buy Office 365. 

You can find the steps and tools needed to upgrade a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10  online.

 

You should backup all data files. 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,660
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!


@Helen852 wrote:

With the update does it include Office?  I don't want to lose that.

 

 


@Helen852, no, it doesn't. You can buy, activate, or try Office 365 for a limited time.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,619
Registered: ‎09-22-2010

Re: Free update to Windows 10-- thank you to whoever posted about it!

My computer upgraded itself a couple of years ago.  When I came home from Costco it was busy upgrading.  I can still use Microsoft Office from Windows 7.