Regular Contributor

Free Shipping for New Customers…..???

But nothing for your long term loyal customers?   Come on QVC...the fact that you continue to charge S&H is already outdated.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Free Shipping for New Customers…..???

[ Edited ]

@DebNYC31 wrote:

But nothing for your long term loyal customers?   Come on QVC...the fact that you continue to charge S&H is already outdated.

@DebNYC31   I agree a real slap in the face to us that have kept them going!!!   I am done ordering unless they give us something. 

Respected Contributor

I think it is a good idea.  QVC needs new customers and this is a way to get them started and hopefully continue after the free shipping is over.  Compared to other sites I shop, QVC shipping is nominal and nothing to get upset about.

Long term purchasers of which I am one, should be glad QVC is coming up with creative ways to attract new viewers.  That is the lifeblood of every company.  New business.  

Lately QVC has been offering weekend long free shipping a lot more often than in the past and this keeps this long term customer happy.  I want QVC to do things to gain new customers. 

Trusted Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I think it is a good idea.  QVC needs new customers and this is a way to get them started and hopefully continue after the free shipping is over.  Compared to other sites I shop, QVC shipping is nominal and nothing to get upset about.

Long term purchasers of which I am one, should be glad QVC is coming up with creative ways to attract new viewers.  That is the lifeblood of every company.  New business.  

Lately QVC has been offering weekend long free shipping a lot more often than in the past and this keeps this long term customer happy.  I want QVC to do things to gain new customers. 

They can certainly find ways to attrack new customers without totally alienating their existing customers.  This isn't doing it.

Esteemed Contributor

Laughing hysterically!

I've been waiting for a QVC loyalist to attempt to justify this.....doesn't work and doesn't make basic business sense.  They've deliberately segmented customers, to their ultimate demise.   

I predict that the downside will be infinitely steeper than any accrued benefits.  Those new customers may not stick around when their 15 purchases are over.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

The problem is, as you can see by the number of fast and furious posts in various threads today, the vast majority of longtime customers don't think it's a good idea.

Sure, QVC desperately needs new customers.  But it seems like every ploy they come up with is alienating their bread and butter customers that have kept them afloat this long.

They are appealing to neither group.

Respected Contributor

Excited new customer coming into QVC with new fab promotion:

excited online shopping GIF by TV Land

PO'd old, faithful customers leaving QVC because of new fab promotion:

rioting running GIF by South Park

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure offering free shipping to new customers is enough to make QVC more profitable.  There are too many other problems with it, e.g., overpriced products, problems with shipping, website, etc., etc.  

And what "new customers" is it trying to attract??  Millennials?  

Time will tell if this is a wise decision.

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Not a good marketing strategy. Alienating your long-term customer is not a very wise decision. At the very least they should offer current customers free shipping with $75 purchase.  

The problem is they get substantial revenue with the shipping charge. It was mentioned in the last quarter financial report.

If QVC wants to stay relevant, they must address the shipping issue. I don’t buy much from them, and when I do it is only when it ships for free.

It’s not an issue of can I afford it. I can, but I also control where my money goes, and it is not going to line their pockets with outrageous shipping.  

If someone buys 3 or 4 items depending on the item, it can cost $15 and up just for shipping!