Honored Contributor

Re: Free Shipping for New Customers…..???

After they are a new customer they'll find out why; then the disappointment begins and no "free S&H" to lure you in.

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 That is how I feel.  I haven't bought one Christmas gift on here and I'm actually finished shopping!   Your mention of the $75 minimum purchase and receive free shipping is exactly what HSN is doing right now until the end of October.  And it's for everyone, not just a certain group of people.   

Esteemed Contributor

It's not unusual for a business to offer an incentive to lure new customers.  Look at the cell phone plans being  offered, and when I switched TV providers I got a big discount for the first year.  

If QVC thinks 1 time free shipping is going to move the needle they need a lot more help.  Maybe free shipping for a year?  It doesn't upset me because I have received plenty of incentives over the years as a new customer with many companies.  

I do think Q  could offer something like free shipping for X amount or # of items.  I was looking at some lower cost stocking suffers and besides the forever time to get my items the S&H was like $25. Off to Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm shopping locally or free shipping (without raising prices)!

😡

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Why send that out to existing customers? Yo say… here’s a benefit you won’t get? Really stupid move by QVC. I won’t be ordering until free shipping days. They just ended my impulse buying with this stupid marketing ploy.
Super Contributor

I say we blog their customer service lines with complaints. There’s a way to make them regret this slap to existing customers.
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like they are copying the cable companies who give smoking deals to new customers and long time customers pay more and more every year.

Contributor

This new idea is wrong- just wrong. Sorry, I don’t agree with the post that says ‘at the very least we should get it for over $75’ -no! New customers get it free for ANY purchase/ & we loyal customers should get the same. So disrespectful, QVC.
Frequent Contributor

Is this applicable to the new customer's first purchase only, or is this a promo to get more new customers?  

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe.... That is exactly what l thought when l heard this ridiculous statement today!! ...that I've just been slapped across the face !!!! I've been shopping here a lot since they first started and l cannot believe QVC is doing this for new customers ONLY !!!! ....so I decided not to watch today. When I did turn it on for one show the HOST TOLD HOW MANY NEW CUSTOMERS SIGNED UP !!!! ...something like over 4,000 new customers !!!! So slap my face AGAIN QVC !!! I'm deleting my entire Waitlist and all my orders that will be arriving in November and December ... I'm also returning things I was going to keep... Thanks a lot QVC !!!!