Trusted Contributor

Re: Free Shipping QVC birthday

@rockygems123 - I'm not surprised that free shipping isn't being offered at this time.  With all the shipping/delivery delay issues, I don't think QVC could handle the volume of orders they would receive right now.  Maybe when they finally get their act together and resolve these problems they might offer us free shipping as their way of saying thank-you for our patience.  I placed an order for some wire baskets to be sent to my dtr. in Texas.  After 5+ days "in process", they finally shipped and have been in So. Carolina for 2 days.  Who knows when it will be delivered as UPS will turn it over to the USPS which will further delay delivery.  

Esteemed Contributor

One company I buy from wanted to know ours so they could send something.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if @Sarah from the South has ever bothered to view one of the Q's quarterly financial reports?  I'd guess not, otherwise she wouldn't be so free and easy with her advice.  If she had, she'd know QVC operated in the red last quarter.  That means no profit.  Does that give you a clue as to why they aren't generously giving away free shipping?  Perhaps if Sarah was sitting in the CEO's place, she'd see things differently.

----------------

The Q is definitely hurting! Somehow the Q is messing up big time and I am not sure of the reasons .    I am thinking if the Q profits are zero, then the CEO should/would see things as they are and make some needed changes!! 

Easy pays (often 5 of them) are a daily offer, so  really no big birthday deal. Free shipping would have been great, but even a discount for a purchase of more than one item would have been nice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sasha Matthews

Thank you for the chuckle, "Grandma's shopping channel". Made me realize I might have aged.

Anyhow, shipping cost verses gas cost and going to the brick and mortar stores. Miss those malls and the variety of stores.

Yes more variety and couch potato appeal, and yes for those who are not able to travel it is a convenience to shop online.

Now then which is cheaper today, the delivery and return charges, or the gas.

Free shipping is costing the company money. Six easy pays can be hectic on your credit card bill when you do not realize how much you purchased and how many easy pays you have, and also a headache when you return an item on easy pay. So easy pay much better maybe for company than consumer.

Honored Contributor

I sure hope we have free shipping this Sunday, the final day of Q's birthday month. Sheesh!   When there is a free S&H, it seems to be on a Sunday, so I'm crossing my fingers for it.  Otherwise all the EZ pay days have just been disappointing.

Valued Contributor

Well maybe if theywould fix things they wouldn't be in th red!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if @Sarah from the South has ever bothered to view one of the Q's quarterly financial reports?  I'd guess not, otherwise she wouldn't be so free and easy with her advice.  If she had, she'd know QVC operated in the red last quarter.  That means no profit.  Does that give you a clue as to why they aren't generously giving away free shipping?  Perhaps if Sarah was sitting in the CEO's place, she'd see things differently.

@Kachina624   On the flip side if they  offered free shipping there might be more sales.  I understand paying for returns, although there are many good sites where shipping to and back are free-such as Earth Shoes.

What is not so cool is that they tag S/H to EACH item; so if you order 3 of the same top, e.g., you are hit with shipping for each item-and all 3 show up in one bag.

I don't think the poster was making off the wall assumptions.

The Q certainly has negotiated rates with the shipper; it wouldn't hurt to offer ONE shipping for ONE bag no matter how many D&C tops you ordered.

If sales are dropping, the shipping is part of the problem as well as quality of products.  It's all tied together.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   I am probably wrong but I just have a feeling that tomorrow--Sunday--which is the last day of their 33rd Birthday bash and the kickoff of Christmas in July just might be a free shipping day.

We will just have to wait and see . . . won't we.

Super Contributor

Such a disappointment! I was really hoping for a free shipping day! Easy pay never gets me, I look forward to the very rare occasions that qvc offers free shipping. 

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Pearlee   I am probably wrong but I just have a feeling that tomorrow--Sunday--which is the last day of their 33rd Birthday bash and the kickoff of Christmas in July just might be a free shipping day.

We will just have to wait and see . . . won't we.

Honored Contributor

Major bummer - no free S&H all birthday month.  Some "celebration."  Yeah, for QVC maybe, not for the customers!