Regular Contributor

Re: Free Shipping - I'm.On To QVC's Ploy

The 2 items I ordered dodnot go up in price in fact one of them was a Q'V'C' 2 big deal. I would not buy on free shipping day if the price went up. What is the point their would not be any savings.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I noted the same with a handbag I was considering. At one point, it was on 'clearance' for $96 and when 'free' shipping entered the equation, it suddenly was on 'clearance' for $109... Whether we 'pay' for free shipping in some fashion elsewhere or not, I've not noted other retailers so obviously jacking up prices to accommodate a 'free' shipping day. Moreover, many items routinely cost less elsewhere and they still offer free shipping. The bottom line is we tend to buy where we get the best all-around deal and, to me, it's very rarely here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Qvc does price matching.  So if you see something that has gone up in price you can call one of your helpful, friendly qvc reps who have the ability to look into its price history and even with a free shipping event, they can still lower the price just because you called and asked them all nice and sweetly.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

It's been happening for years.

There have been many threads on the issue...

@Bri369 

Yes, it's been happening for several years.  I'm surprised to OP didn't realize that.  This "ploy" isn't news.  

Honored Contributor

@Rosebud 06 wrote:

The 2 items I ordered dodnot go up in price in fact one of them was a Q'V'C' 2 big deal. I would not buy on free shipping day if the price went up. What is the point their would not be any savings.

@Rosebud 06  There would be savings if you needed to return the item Since I buy clothes from QVC, some don't fit so I'd save not getting S & h deducted on those returns-- I'd get all my money back.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Qvc does price matching.  So if you see something that has gone up in price you can call one of your helpful, friendly qvc reps who have the ability to look into its price history and even with a free shipping event, they can still lower the price just because you called and asked them all nice and sweetly.

@agb80  Do you really think QVC will match a lower price from before you place your order? That's what I (the OP) am talking about.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@agb80  Do you really think QVC will match a lower price from before you place your order? That's what I (the OP) am talking about.

@Pearlee  Yes!  You call and explain that you saw an item you're interested in and the price was lower recently and you'd like to purchase it at that price.  The rep will complete the sale for you with that lower price. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee The moral of the story is you buy it on free shipping day at a slightly higher cost and then ask for a price adjustment within 30 days if the price goes back down, which it frequently does.  They don't adjust for free shipping on previous purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee. I quite often ask for a price adjustment if the item goes down within 30 days after I buy it. But it. JUST happened to me that a dress went up in price before free shipping. I ordered it on free shipping day. Then I read an email from QVC touting that they had lowered the price on that item about 4 days before free shipping day. So I ended up paying more. I sent an email to the social team and got NO response. Usually they get back to me right away. So I would say that no, they do not honor that. I am getting more and more fed up with QVC and I have been a good customer for a long time.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead