Honored Contributor

Re: Free Shipping - I'm.On To QVC's Ploy

I like HSN's system of whenever a price drop occurs in "favorites" I get notified.   QVC should adopt many of the systems that HSN has, IMO!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee Ha ha! My QVC ploy wins. I ordered a pair of Spenco blue thong sandals A377637 just after midnight when "free shipping" went into effect: Price was $30.00. This morning, when checking on availability of saved cart items, I saw the previously sold out black sandals were back on waitlist. One difference from 12:15 am last night and 8:45 am this morning: Price is now $37.00. So they added $7 during that 9 hr time span. SMH.

BTW, you still save about 50 cents with free shipping for the jacket! And if the price should by any chance go down again within 30 days, you can request a price adjustment. 

I believe my Valerie PH dove figurines H215168 have remained the same price & maybe I'll still order them if I can decide on the silver finish or gold.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I found a pair of sketchers that I wanted to buy for my DIL. I figured I would wait a few days for free shipping to be offered. 

When I got the free shipping email a few days later I jumped to buy it. The price had gone up by $6 .

I decided to check some websites. I found them on Shoes.com. I located a 30% off coupon & got the sneakers + free shipping.I saved about $26!!

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

@Pearlee Ha ha! My QVC ploy wins. I ordered a pair of Spenco blue thong sandals A377637 just after midnight when "free shipping" went into effect: Price was $30.00. This morning, when checking on availability of saved cart items, I saw the previously sold out black sandals were back on waitlist. One difference from 12:15 am last night and 8:45 am this morning: Price is now $37.00. So they added $7 during that 9 hr time span. SMH.

BTW, you still save about 50 cents with free shipping for the jacket! And if the price should by any chance go down again within 30 days, you can request a price adjustment. 

@laluzdelmundo  Thanks for your tip about ordering right after midnight!  I'm going to try that next time to outploy the ploy!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Pearlee  The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I found a pair of sketchers that I wanted to buy for my DIL. I figured I would wait a few days for free shipping to be offered. 

When I got the free shipping email a few days later I jumped to buy it. The price had gone up by $6 .

I decided to check some websites. I found them on Shoes.com. I located a 30% off coupon & got the sneakers + free shipping.I saved about $26!!

@NicksmomESQ  Great story! Glad QVC lost your sale over its own sales tactics!

Honored Contributor

@Flyer98 wrote:

While shopping in a store with coupons one day, a sales clerk pointed out that there would be different sale next week but coupons would not be accepted.  She said you pay close to the same price, they just use different methods to get your business.  

@Flyer98  I've noticed that at Kohls. No matter what the sale or coupon discount you pay about the same price.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that most times when there is a free shipping day, things do revert back to their normally higher prices.

But not always.  I've gotten a few products at lower prices and free shipping too.  

One time when I was looking at a product that was at a sale price, I figured it would be higher when it hit free shipping day.  It wasn't.  Then I thought that it must be on clearance and no longer going to be carried.  Nope.  A few days later I happened to check it and it was at its full price and with shipping charges.

You take your chances.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

The items that I had been waiting for free shipping for ($5.50 each) did not go up in price, so I saved $16.50 in free shipping.

I'll take it.....

@KingstonsMom  Great savings! 

Trusted Contributor

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is no such thing as free shipping. It is always built into the cost of the merchandise. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

It was for me today!

But at the same time, I acknowledge the OP, @Pearlee  and other posters here who said that games are played (pricing wise) on 'free shipping days'.

This time I just got lucky....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.