Honored Contributor

Re: Free Shipping Frustration

@nomless wrote:

Q is criticized for charging for shipping...and is criticized when it offers free shipping.  Crazy.

We are just saying they need to have a consistent policy and not use it as a stunt.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

While I very much appreciate the time when QVC offers free shipping I find the random nature of it frustrating.  Why make it a guessing game for customers?  If you ordered something a few days ago--you pay shipping.  Order today--free shipping.  I'd prefer they did what most other companies do---set a limit for purchase and above that shipping is free.   Or make free shipping a standard practice.   But please don't make it a game where the customer never knows what to expect.

Very well said, @srgtdj 

⚓️
Super Contributor

Yes--not sure if you read the text of my post but I do think it is frustrating to never know when or if free shipping is offerred.  There is no consistency.  Sure, I love when it's offerred and appreciate that.  But why make customers play a game of never knowing when free shipping will be offerred?   It only inpsires me to keep a list instead of ordering right away (unless it's something I need right now).  Why pay extra to order right now if I could save by ordering 3 hours from now once free shipping is announced?  I don't think it inspiures customer loyalty.

Super Contributor

Perhaps you think it is crazy.  I think it is inconsistent treatment of customers.  A customer who ordered this morning paid at least $3.50 more than I would pay by ordering the exact same item in the afternoon.  Why play that game with your customers?  I don't think it's crazy to ask for a consistent shipping policy.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To me, it’s not a game, it’s a version of a sale. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Occasional Contributor

I saw the free shipping notice not long before time ran out.  I went to my Wish List and put items in my cart with zero S&H.  When I was ready to to complete the sale, the free S&H disappeared.  I was annoyed and removed everything from the cart.

Super Contributor

I do not think it would be very wise for QVC to announce this sale ahead of time. They are in business to make money.
Regular Contributor

yes, and if you blink you will miss QVC's free shipping offer.

Respected Contributor

There has to be a better way QVC. I for one missed it.

Trusted Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

While I very much appreciate the time when QVC offers free shipping I find the random nature of it frustrating.  Why make it a guessing game for customers?  If you ordered something a few days ago--you pay shipping.  Order today--free shipping.  I'd prefer they did what most other companies do---set a limit for purchase and above that shipping is free.   Or make free shipping a standard practice.   But please don't make it a game where the customer never knows what to expect.

Could not agree with you more.  Free shipping is so random that it doesn’t really matter to me.  I don’t normally buy anything from QVC that has more than a  $5.50 shipping charge. ...and only if I can’t find it elsewhere.    I also try to avoid easy pays because the payment is drawn out too long and I don’t want that debt hanging over my head...I try to avoid the enticements and order what I actually need...not what I want at the moment.