Trusted Contributor

Free Shipping But Shoes Were Upped in Price $30!!!

It's so funny -- yesterday I got excited about free shipping until I noted that the shoes I had bought on Monday had a different price on free shipping day -- THEY WERE ALMOST 30 DOLLARS MORE on this supposedly "bargain day"! Smiley LOL

This was true for another pair of shoes too -- but just a "mere" 20 dollars more -- SUCH A DEAL! Smiley LOL

-Solar

Honored Contributor

Re: Free Shipping But Shoes Were Upped in Price $30!!!

@Solar Is My Name Monday was president's day--  lots of prices were reduced.    Would have been helpful if you had told us brand, style, etc. 

Super Contributor

Yeah, but were they on SALE when you bought them?

Things go on sale & off sale all the time. Usually the REGULAR price doesn't go up by $30.

Everything on my current wishlist is the same price on Friday, Free Shipping day and today. No changes in anything & there is like 50 items on my list.

Honored Contributor

It's all a game.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

QVC does increase prices on some items on free shipping day.  

Honored Contributor

I lucked out yesterday - got a pair of pants that had been reduced by about $4 and had free shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

It's the classic "mark them up to mark them down" game...retailers have been doing it forever in an attempt to make consumers think they are saving money. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time I've seen prices go up it's on things that they say are at a special price "for that day only".  Or some prices are for that show only. That happens all the time, especially if you're watching QVC2.  It is very very common to hear hosts say these prices are going to be going up.  I wish folks would give some specific examples of things that the price increased on the very day of free shipping. 

In the meantime I bought a number of things that I had listed the last time I missed free shipping, that I bought. I'm very pleased.