Honored Contributor

Free Krispy Kreme Donut a Day With Proof of Covid Vaccination

• Krispy Kreme is giving out free donuts to people with vaccine cards.
  • Employees will get four paid hours to get vaccinated if they choose.
  • Other retailers like Target and Dollar General are offering similar perks.

Krispy Kreme will give away a free glazed donut to anyone who comes in with a COVID-19 vaccination card through the end of 2021, the company announced Monday.

"Whatever little things brands can do to help make it past the pandemic are good things," Chief Marketing Office Dave Skena told Insider in a phone call. There are no limits on the free donuts, so a vaccinated person could potentially go every day.

The chain will also give employees up to four hours of paid time off to get both vaccine doses. "I hope that other brands will see and choose to do something similar," Skena said.

While employees have the time to get vaccinated, Krispy Kreme will not require vaccinations. Getting vaccinated is a "personal choice," Skena says that they "want to encourage and make sure nothing is standing in the way."

Krispy Kreme isn't the only company offering accommodations to help employees get vaccinated. Target and Dollar General are two of many offering vacation time for vaccine appointments. Kroger, Petco, and Publix are all offering cash or gift cards to employees who show proof of vaccinations.

Krispy Kreme says it will also support workers and volunteers at vaccination sites with free donuts at certain centers across the country in the next few weeks.

Read the original article on Business Insider
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Free Krispy Kreme Donut a Day With Proof of Covid Vaccination

People get vaccinated to hopefully keep disease at bay.  Eating a free donut everyday does not help to keep disease or illness away, rather it promotes bad health.

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet Deal!  I'm in.  Thanks Krispy Kreme!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for telling us this @KingstonsMom !  I've been craving Krispy Kreme donuts, and they are in the area near where I'm getting my hair cut this week.  I had planned on stopping.  Now I'll get an extra freebie.  I had my first vaccine a couple of weeks ago.  Second one is April 1st.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Speak for yourself, not everyone has health issues or are restricting sugar and I struggle to keep my weight over 100 lbs.

I'll think of you while I enjoy your donut.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Publix usually gave a gift card when you got your flu shot.

I wish Dunkin would do this, I much prefer them to Krispy Kreme.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 

Speak for yourself, not everyone has health issues or are restricting sugar and I struggle to keep my weight over 100 lbs.

I'll think of you while I enjoy your donut.

@KingstonsMom  Yuck!...be my guest!

I'm surprisd you don't see the irony.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for telling us. I think it’s a wonderful idea. A nice way to spread a little joy and encouragement amid difficulty.

Trusted Contributor

No, thanks.

Honored Contributor

Why am I not surprised that a thread can turn on a dime about.............donuts. 

I think companies encouraging vaccinations is a good thing, and never underestimate the power of a freebie-be it a donut, coffee, or anything else.

I'm not a donut person myself so those who are-enjoy!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh