Honored Contributor

Re: Free Krispy Kreme Donut a Day With Proof of Covid Vaccination

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

i think it is a nice idea - none near me

hey Starbucks - what about you? 

Yeah! Starbucks!

And I agree with those who say this is a marketing thing. But it's a very smart one. Most people who get their free donut will also order a coffee. Or they might want a different kind of donut.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I'm curious how many of the posters getting hysterical about eating an occasional donut because they're so unhealthy, gulp down sodas every day??

I'm 68 but haven't drank a soda since I was a teenager, talk about full of chemicals and wasted calories.....

@KingstonsMom I am not making a "flip" reply to your post, but I will raise my hand to not eating sugar or drinking soda pop.  To me they are both poison, empty calories, no nutritional value.  BUT I hear the point you are trying to make. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

It does seem a bit incongruous to reward a person for doing something good for their health with something unhealthy like a glazed donut.  But, I get it, it's a matter of scale - it rewards a big positive with a small negative.  And some people might not bother to get the vaccine if not for donut rewards.

@ValuSkr   I have to ask if you really believe that someone will get the vaccine JUST because they will get a donut?  The people not getting it, most likely, have put a lot of thought into the why not for them.  I can't believe that a donut will change their mind.  It certainly wouldn't change mine, but then again, I don't do sugar......among many other things.

@tends2dogs   No, I don't.  I was just being kind to Krispy Kreme and its supporters.  But I won't do that again!  Whew

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Krispy Kreme uses hydrogenated soybean oil in their fryers.  If someone thinks that won't kill them at some point....well there's nothing else that can be said to those individuals.

Maybe a healthy food place will offer an incentive for vaccine hesitancy that the outliers will not eventually die from. 

Just to be clear....I have had 1 shot (moderna) and am waiting for my 2nd and if you think the fear of side affects has left me...I wish that were the case but no. 

I chose to be vaccinated because worldwide 458 million shots have been administered.  That's a huge number and no one can hide bad news on that scale.

My 2 cents. 

Thank you for getting vaccinated! I am very glad for you. May we all stay safe and healthy.

And I hope a business you like offers an incentive you would want. I don't think you should be left out just because you don't eat unhealthy food.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I don't think it will incentivize people to get vaccines but it sure got their name out there which was their intention. 

Esteemed Contributor

Krispy Kreme's 2021 Spring Minis are here...Mini Bunny Bum, Mini Flower, and Mini Bluebird🍩🐰🐥🌼

Krispy Kreme Reveals New Mini Blue Bird Donut As Part Of 2021 Spring Mini  Doughnuts Collection - The Fast Food Post

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don't think it will incentivize people to get vaccines but it sure got their name out there which was their intention. 

Bingo!

Respected Contributor

Too bad some adults need to be bribed into gettting a vaccine just like a child...

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Too bad some adults need to be bribed into gettting a vaccine just like a child...

@bargainsgirl  (interesting nic for this thread) Do you honestly think eligibilty for a donut a day is going to convince anyone to get the vaccine who wouldn't have otherwise?

Honored Contributor

I don’t need a free donut to get the vaccine and protect my health. I’ll pass. I do think it’s good for those employers to compensate their workers when they get their vaccine. Important for those who are working with the public on a daily basis to feel and be safer.