Respected Contributor

Re: Free Krispy Kreme Donut a Day With Proof of Covid Vaccination

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Having the occasional doughnut might improve some unpleasant dispositions.

@Johnnyeager   So true. 

Esteemed Contributor

Of course it’s to promote business. They sell donuts for a living, lol. They aren’t saying it’s a health food or doing it to promote vaccination. If you like donuts, particularly, KK’s or never tried one stop by! Look at all the press and controversy around a simple donut; campaign successful! It’s a great business strategy & at the same time gives pleasure to their customer base & may draw potential customers.

It’s nothing diabolical.

Respected Contributor

What an incentive, but oh my....I just started a 10 lb. in 10 week diet with Wellspan Health due to this past "Covid Year" weight gain.   The sugar alone will ruin my already high glucose level, not to say anything about the new cavities from not getting home within 20 min. to brush!   K. Kreme had good intentions, but come on!

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes a Free Donut is just.....a Free Donut.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Sometimes a Free Donut is just.....a Free Donut.

@Johnnyeager   In that case, I'll take two !!!  😉🍩🍩

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

rather than considering this a "bribe," i prefer to see it as a gift or bonus......one that no one is obligated to accept.....and obviously no one will be forced to pick up or eat a donut.

more power to all of those companies that wish to promote some "good will" in their communities. it is a SWEET gesture. for those partaking.....ENJOY! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

There are no Krispy Kreme stores in my area, but if Culver's wants to offer free frozen custard, I'm all in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

UGH...IF I get vaccinated, I don't expect to be rewarded.  I am probably the odd man out here.  I don't like the idea.

I agree with you, @Mom2Dogs .  Two wrongs don't make a right and that is JMHO.  This is still a free choice country.....right?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Having the occasional doughnut might improve some unpleasant dispositions.

Hmmm. This isn't exactly nice either. Maybe you missed your doughnut appointment? Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It does seem a bit incongruous to reward a person for doing something good for their health with something unhealthy like a glazed donut.  But, I get it, it's a matter of scale - it rewards a big positive with a small negative.  And some people might not bother to get the vaccine if not for donut rewards.

@ValuSkr   I have to ask if you really believe that someone will get the vaccine JUST because they will get a donut?  The people not getting it, most likely, have put a lot of thought into the why not for them.  I can't believe that a donut will change their mind.  It certainly wouldn't change mine, but then again, I don't do sugar......among many other things.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!