Respected Contributor

Re: Free Krispy Kreme Donut a Day With Proof of Covid Vaccination

The closest Krispy Kreme is 48 miles from me.  I love living in rural PA, but in situations like this it's a disadvantage. And a donut with my coffee sounds particularly appealing right now.

Must admit though that I never go to the local Dunkin so maybe I'm just whining here. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

You can get a donut every day for the rest of the year?  LOL

I hope Krispy Kreme never runs out of donuts.  I can see it now-fights, calling 9-1-1, traffic jams (I've seen traffic issues with other Krispy Kreme promotions).

This post is tongue-in-cheek for those who lack a sense of humor.Woman Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'm just not into companies pandering to people, a bribe, if you will, to get a vaccine, or do any other kind of personal/private type thing. 

It is much more important to base ones healthcare choices on something besides getting a free gift card or a donut. I think it makes the companies that do this sort of thing look trivial and I don't buy into it. In fact, it makes me look elsewhere to do business.

Respected Contributor

A nice little freebie, but I see through their generosity. That free donut is just a marketing gimmick. They know that many who get that free one will buy a dozen to go. And, of course, they'll have to grab a coffee.

Temptation rules. Okay, maybe I'm just projecting, and that's what I would do. Never mind Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

It does seem a bit incongruous to reward a person for doing something good for their health with something unhealthy like a glazed donut.  But, I get it, it's a matter of scale - it rewards a big positive with a small negative.  And some people might not bother to get the vaccine if not for donut rewards.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

If you wanted, I suppose you could go in once a week, show your vaccine card and get a free donut, and no one would be the wiser.

@ValuSkr 

KK says in their offer that you can go in every day for the entire year if you choose to.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I love that Krispy Kreme is dedicated to helping put covid in the rearview mirror by supporting people who do their part to keep themselves and others safe.

I also read they're giving up to 4 hours paid time off for their employees to get the vaccine. Way to go Krispy Keme! Heart

As if I didn't already love you enough! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It does seem a bit incongruous to reward a person for doing something good for their health with something unhealthy like a glazed donut.  But, I get it, it's a matter of scale - it rewards a big positive with a small negative.  And some people might not bother to get the vaccine if not for donut rewards.

@ValuSkr 

I disagree that some people who may not choose to get the vaccine, would change their mind to get it for a free donut.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Krispy Kreme's encouragement to get the vaccine is no different in my mind, than showing past presidents, politicians, celebrities, etc. getting the vaccine, to encourage others to get it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Yes saw that today on Instagram next time I'm in that area I just may stop by !!!