Honored Contributor

Re: Frederick Bourke of Dooney & Bourke was in jail....

Actually, since we don't know him at all - for all we know- he may have gotten exactly what he deserves - who knows. He could be a great guy who got conned into something or he could be just as big a scoundrel as they were.

Regular Contributor

It was an interesting program --- as Maddow always is ---

The issue was that Frederick Bourke was convicted in 2009 of conspiracy to violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and related prohibitions, and of making false statements to the FBI.  The basic case facts were that any American doing business with a foreign individual, company, or entity had better have done intensive due diligence beforehand -- as an American citizen is not allowed to assist, aid, or otherwise further the "laundering" of foreign monies.  The Azerbaijan entity Bourke attempted to do business with was found to be a front for private Iranian secret police..... a no no under the FCPA. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I did not see it on Maddow -maybe I would have understood the whole story better if I had as she is great at explaining things. I saw it in O'Donnel and he had me really confused.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Unfortunately, I did not see it on Maddow -maybe I would have understood the whole story better if I had as she is great at explaining things. I saw it in O'Donnel and he had me really confused.

@151949 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Maddow had the background story (as she always does).  Fascinating and disturbing.

There have been many of those lately.  

Follow the money........

Respected Contributor

Dooney and Booked!

Okay that was corny sorry!Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

Dooney and Booked!

Okay that was corny sorry!Smiley Very Happy

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Very funny.Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

I saw this on Rachel Maddow show. I believe QVC shouldn't promote this crooks merchandise. I think more people need to know what this crook did. I will never buy another Dooney and Bourke ANYTHING !!! Shame on you QVC ! He is a lying crooked greedy snake in the grass !!

Esteemed Contributor

A case of much wants more....very common.  In other words,greed. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth