Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Freaked myself out this morning

I always have a cup of coffee in the morning to wake up and before I shower. Helps me ease into reality. My cat is usually under foot (like most of them) and I always tell her "Move your tiny hiney" or "Keep moving". This morning she was in front of me as usual and went to tell her to hurry up and it came out "Get out of my way Rod". That was my brothers name and he passed 11 years ago. The date has no significance. Don't know why I said that. I do miss him an awful lot.

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Freaked myself out this morning

@cookinfreak   You may have had a dream about your brother and just remembered it for that second. Not freaky at all. You loved and miss him. 

@cookinfreak wrote:

I always have a cup of coffee in the morning to wake up and before I shower. Helps me ease into reality. My cat is usually under foot (like most of them) and I always tell her "Move your tiny hiney" or "Keep moving". This morning she was in front of me as usual and went to tell her to hurry up and it came out "Get out of my way Rod". That was my brothers name and he passed 11 years ago. The date has no significance. Don't know why I said that. I do miss him an awful lot.

cookin

Shanus

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak   Very normal....smile, appreciate the love.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak   If you are cookinfreak, then you are always freaked out!  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  Smiley Happy

I agree that something triggered a memory of your brother. I'm sorry you were freaked out by that but it's good that it happened if it caused you to think about him today.  That's what memories are for, and they come back when you least expect it.

Today is the date my most recent dog I owned passed away, so I have been thinking of him all day, and it wouldn't surprise me if later tonight when drifting off to sleep I will feel his presence, simply because he has been on my mind all day and I have been missing him.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak   You are saner than I am any day of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

Freaudian slips happen all the time.

I, for one, am known for them.

For example, in 2018, I was in the break room of our office, filling out a rental application, when my co-worker, Don, was behind me, fiddling with the tray of our colour printer.

I ment to say, "Careful, don't break it, Don.", but what actually came out of my mouth was, "Careful, don't break it, Dad."

I snapped my head up, and got a puzzled look on my face, and said, "Where the hell did that come from?", while the whole office just erupted in laughter!Woman LOL

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

I think it was a message from your brother...just doing a pesky brother thing as brothers do....lol......many times I will smell cigar and cigarette smoke in my home or in the car...I know its a family member usually my grampa or uncle just saying hi...or roses........all good

Trusted Contributor

@cookinfreakOnce in awhile I have little signals from Heaven like that especially about my Dad.  I just think he's letting me know he's never far from my heart.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're not alone, I got freaked out today too (not about a name though).

I was getting the newspapers together for recycling when my husband called.

He wanted to know what the name was of the cologne he had on - someone told him he smelled great and asked what he had on, and all he could remember was "Blue". I laughed and told him it was Versace Dylan Blue.

We hung up and I picked the papers up again and a small piece fell on the floor. When I reached down and picked it up guess what it was? One of those perfume/cologne inserts that you can open and smell that sometimes come in the department store sale ads(Macy's/Dillards/Belk, etc.). AND IT WAS FOR VERSACE DYLAN BLUE! 

What a coincidence! Gave me goosebumps!

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to keep his memory to mind.

Last week I was shocked to see an old dog on my screensaver.  GD had put her there.  Touched her for a moment.  Precious to keep a memory.