Valued Contributor

I was recently a victim of fraud through my health insurance. Since the claim wasn't put through to my insurance correctly, I received a bill. It was then that I discovered that I was a victim. It took me a couple of weeks to finally find out that the claims were for inpatient mental health and a spinal tap, It has taken a couple more weeks of my researching the situation to find out that the person was also being treated for drug abuse. I asked the insurance representative if this information could be removed from my insurance file because it is negative in nature and she said that it couldn't. I don't want this negative information to remain in my file. I don't know what else to do. If they are not filing the claims incorrectly, they are making me a victim of fraud. I don't know who else to turn to. I have two separate health insurance policies. Therefore, I need to have it removed from both. Do you have any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Better Business Bureau or your state's Attorney General office. You can file a complaint with them about your insurance company.

Valued Contributor

Thank you!