Honored Contributor

Re: Franchised Food Not As You Remember It

@september wrote:

Lol!  I did like the hamburgers that were served in my high school cafeteria, that were referred to as "mystery meat". They were probably better quality than many burgers sold in restaurants today.  I usually brought my own lunch, but bought lunch when burgers were on the menu.  

My standard (ultra-healthy of course) high school lunch was a burger (they were small), chips, choc cake & milk. I think all of it cost 55 cents. But you could then buy a burger, fries & a Coke at McD's for 50 cents.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Franchised Food Not As You Remember It

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

Lol!  I did like the hamburgers that were served in my high school cafeteria, that were referred to as "mystery meat". They were probably better quality than many burgers sold in restaurants today.  I usually brought my own lunch, but bought lunch when burgers were on the menu.  

My standard (ultra-healthy of course) high school lunch was a burger (they were small), chips, choc cake & milk. I think all of it cost 55 cents. But you could then buy a burger, fries & a Coke at McD's for 50 cents.

My school lunches were 65 cents, and burgers were offered perhaps 2X/week.  In any event, my mom gave me money for 5 school lunches each week, and on days I made my own lunch, I got to keep the change.