Respected Contributor

Found a storage solution for plastic grocery bags

I don't know if you have the same problem, for me those plastic grocery bags particularly the large pick up bags take up a lot of room. I had them in a larger bag shoved under the sink and they appeared to grow & multiply overnight. I felt it was like the David Venable spot when he opens the cupboards and lock & locks tumble out.

At our King Soooers (Kroger) we have 3lb bags of fruit, bags are sturdy , nice art work and zip closures.  Bags are staying p20220907_092022.jpgut in there , not flying around and take up much less space. Free too & recycling I suppose.  (ps still having trouble with inserting pic sorry about that).

Honored Contributor

Re: Found a storage solution for plastic grocery bags

@rockygems123   I live in the land of Publix on every corner, and they offer huge outdoor recepticals for recycling plastic bags (can be from anywhere), bottles, or clean styrofoam,    Even when I'm headed into a store near Publix, I recycle whatever has accumulated.   And then bring home more!

Honored Contributor

I take my excess bags to my city library where the patrons can carry all the books they checkout.  These are the store's bags not bags that products come in.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@rockygems123, good solution, but I recommend one of these. They come in lots of colors, prints, & sizes. You could always make one...

'Plastic bag holder & dispenser':

81PqSYzBaPL.jpg

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 

That is a great idea, we will check with local sources as to need for the bags.  That was part of my dilemma, keeping only what we currently need and minimize their little footprint lol but also didn't want to just add the excess to recycle bin.  

Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@rockygems123, good solution, but I recommend one of these. They come in lots of colors, prints, & sizes. You could always make one...

'Plastic bag holder & dispenser':

81PqSYzBaPL.jpg

@sabatini 

Thse are super cute, want that fabric Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We keep a small kitchen trash can bag in the pantry for grocery bags and return to the grocery store when it's full.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 : Purchased this years ago from Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon. It holds a lot of bags:1B71E7BA-EA2A-460C-9321-016F88F78679.jpeg

Respected Contributor

My grocery bags are quite a jumble, too. I use them as garbage bags and excess goes to my sister for picking up after her dog and feral cats. She goes out every morning and cleans up the neighbors' yards of cat p o o p. She goes thru a lot of bags. They say store bags are single use, but not so. No more than regular garbage bags, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I use mine for cat litter so I just keep them in a bag. Mine don't go to waste.