Esteemed Contributor

Re: Found a storage solution for plastic grocery bags

My city no longer offers plastic bags -- or paper for that matter.  We have to bring re-usable bags to every store we go to.  Honestly, I thought all cities had changed to this.  I wasn't aware that stores were still offering bags in some places.  

Honored Contributor

Philadelphia banned plastic bags. I figure it is just a matter of time when we would be unable to get plastic bags.

So I have been keeping a stash of them. 

@rockygems123 you came up with a good solution. I just happen to have a Gala apple bag (from Sam's) that is almost empty. I will use your suggestion. It should work out well.

Valued Contributor

I put mine in an empty tissue box.  When I need one I just pull one out.

Honored Contributor

@BLH wrote:

I will have to remember that with the tissue box.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

When my daughter who is now 44 was in elementary school they made a plastic bag holder.  What they did was cut out a 4" square  in the front of a gal. milk jug. I keep it under the kitchen sink so all you do is shove the bags in and pull one out if you need one.

Honored Contributor

@BLH wrote:

@BLH : I use my empty tissue box to put lint in from the dryer and used fabric softener sheets. My washer and dryer are behind folding doors.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't believe people still have plastic bags.  I used to use the so called "single use" bags more than once, but they are prohibited now.  I had to buy totes for groceries.  We don't allow styrofoam either.

I'd like to figure out a good way to store the large totes that the grocery sells.  They take up a lot of room.

Respected Contributor

I use reusable bags 99% of the time. The few that DH brings home are used to line small wastebaskets.

Trusted Contributor

Those bags are banned in Delaware and for good reason.  Having said that, there are times when I wish I had saved some when having to dispose of certain items.  

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@BLH wrote:

@BLH : I use my empty tissue box to put lint in from the dryer and used fabric softener sheets. My washer and dryer are behind folding doors.

@SouthernBee What a good idea! I've been using a small plastic bowl, but stuff does tend to fall out of it. The tissue box would be much better.