Honored Contributor

Re: Found Clorox wipes and Lysol spray at COSTCO

@Jasmine19 wrote:

This is why we have shortages. I personally would not buy 4 or 5 of an item when I know other people need it. These stores are encouraging hoarding.

Well, since I only found the items in a multiple pack, I had no choice..either buy or do without.  Why would I not buy and leave what was there for others?  Costco is not going to break up the package.

Last month, Giant Grocery store had Clorox wipes in stock with no limits.  I bought one and I didn't have any at home.  I left the rest for other shoppers.

I still have two cans of Lysol spray from before when COVID hit and I bought a four pack today, so I have six cans.  I do not plan to get anymore until I am down to two cans.

I always keep a supply of everything in stock and have been doing this since I was married 47 years ago.  My area has flooding and I am always prepared.  That is not hoarding, that is being smart.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@noodleann   Made in USA.

Thanks,  @Carmie , @Lucky Charm , @Caligurll for looking at your cans/containers and reporting back. That's great. Means that some stuff is being made by the big guns and distributed.

Hoarding is appropriately addressed by store management with the simple mechanism of purchase limits. My local supermarkets and the Walmart have never removed limits on purchases of toilet paper and paper towels. Limits on Dawn were lifted, but even though bleach is available everywhere (less Clorox than off brands), the limits remain on bleach. We never had limits on meat, fowl, fish, eggs, or dairy products. (Rationing was by price.) Neither were canned soup or boxed pasta limited, but I'll expect pasta limits if the supply continues to be so sketchy.

The limits on wipes remain, but branded products rarely show up and disappear quickly.

The limits are two containers or packages on everything in my stores. Two single rolls of paper towels or two 12-roll packages, same limit.

Respected Contributor

I’ve decided to let go of trying to find any disinfecting wipes. I haven’t seen any in stores since Feb/Mar or online at a reasonable price. Fortunately I have plenty of Clorox cleaner.

Esteemed Contributor

Where are you all located.  I  went to Sams today and no such luck.  Thinking of heading to Costco tomorrow.  Not sure it is worth the trip however.  I am in Maryland... west-central.