Honored Contributor

Re: Forum Question:🤔

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdoo  If a computer "crashes" does that mean a poster has to open up a new account with a new nic?  I never understood why using a new computer means you have to start a new account.

I can see losing pics/files/etc. if they have not been backed up but all accounts shoujld still be accessible with a new computer?

TIA

Hi, @Cakers3!   Just like other accounts on other websites, our QVC account is not tied to a device.   It's no different from using our email account from a variety of computers or mobile devices.   

We can go to any device, including a new computer, and use our login credentials to access the Q.   As an example of this, we have posters who use multiple devices or who access the site with public library computers, that sort of thing.    If someone relies on the saved login info for auto-fill, and then their computer goes kaput, I can see that it causes them a problem if they didn't keep a backup "memory" of usernames and passwords -- but forgotten login credentials can be reset, usually with our verified email address.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova