Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fort Worth police officer

@pitdakota wrote:

O/T:  Waving to @Lindsays Grandma!  Good to see you as well.  Everything is fine here.  Loving retirement and wonder how I had enough time to work.  LOL!

@pitdakota ...Oh, you had enough time to work, you just didn't have enough time to do the things you like to do.  To be honest, I miss working and maybe that is because I loved my job and interacting with lots of people.  Smiley Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft    Such sad incidents and yes, these tragedies tend to make us forget that 99%:

@RoughDraft ...   .  There are bad apples in every bunch and overall I have the deepest respect for policemen who put their lives  on the line for us every single day.  

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

Also maybe you know but why did the police park a block away and walk to the home.....then when they got their ...why walk around to the BACK OF THE HOUSE???

I am not sure if that is the process???

No announcement

No police, police

No do you need help

@Happiness Is Inside JOB read the police statement, no one answered the front door when the police either rang the doorbell or knocked. 

This is why nothing should be reported until the stories are correct.  This isn't what was reported, even this morning.

What was reported on the news I heard was that the police parked around the corner from the house and went to the back door.  Nothing was said about no one answering the front door.

It was also reported that the neighbor called the police because they noticed the front door of the home open.   The door was reportedly left open because it was warm and they wanted the breeze that was coming through the front door. 

Honored Contributor

Yes and I was happy to hear that.  It's hard to believe that we have another innocent person murdered my a police officer in her own home so soon after the last case.  It's mind boggling and this is even worse because it was supposed to be a wellness check.  They should review training but I don't for a single second believe that this murder was the result of poor training or confusion. Why would any police officer skulk around and peer through a window when he's conducting a wellness check?  That makes no sense whatsoever.  And then to shoot when he was in no danger.  There was no threat.  Well, except for him.  He was a loose cannon with a trigger finger looking for a target.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yes and I was happy to hear that.  It's hard to believe that we have another innocent person murdered my a police officer in her own home so soon after the last case.  It's mind boggling and this is even worse because it was supposed to be a wellness check.  They should review training but I don't for a single second believe that this murder was the result of poor training or confusion. Why would any police officer skulk around and peer through a window when he's conducting a wellness check?  That makes no sense whatsoever.  And then to shoot when he was in no danger.  There was no threat.  Well, except for him.  He was a loose cannon with a trigger finger looking for a target.  

Could be at that time of the night the officer feared an intruder was in the home.(open door and concerned neighbor)Still he did not handle the situation with the skills of a trained officer....he was most likely afraid.Should have called for backup before starting his investigation into the situation.

Regular Contributor

@cherry wrote:

They need to look at training procedures  too. They also need to investigate the PD

IMO there also needs to be better criteria and such when it comes to candidates who want to wear the badge. We have a local Act 120 school out here and man oh man, some of the students make me cringe. I wouldn't trust them with a potato gun let alone a real one along with arresting powers and such.

Albeit I've only heard what various outlets have reported, a welfare check should not have been enacted in which it happened.

Respected Contributor

@bathina wrote:
The Fort Worth police officer who shot and killed Atatiana Jefferson has been arrested for her murder. I am happy to see this being taken seriously and people will be held accountable for her death. Her brother was on the news early today saying "The Fort Worth PD CANNOT investigate the Fort Worth PD". Agree. And about time.

Unfortunately, I will only believe it when I see it. We all know cops are much more likely to get off for murder.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Just wanted to add that the police chief has stated that it was a mistake for the Police department mentioning that there was a gun in the house since Texans are allowed to own firearms. The weapon had nothing to to do with the deceased being shot!

It was also stated by the Police Chief that if he had not resigned, he was going to be fired today anyway. 

Let the character assassination of the victim begin. I'm sure we'll be hearing about traffic tickets from 5 years ago or finding marijuana in her house. You know it's coming.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I agree her killing by officer was totally  wrong, i do have a question, it was said her front door was open from 10 pm, to early morning, i do not understand why someone would do that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I agree her killing by officer was totally  wrong, i do have a question, it was said her front door was open from 10 pm, to early morning, i do not understand why someone would do that.

@goldensrbest 

it was said on several articles that i read that they were trying to cool the house down so they left the front door open. she could have forgotten about it.  i dont know if it had a locked screen door or not. it really doesnt matter. a family has the right to have any open windows or doors that they want. i know that i leave windows open all night long to get some fresh cool air inside.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein