Respected Contributor

Re: Fort Worth police officer

The lady was inside her house.

There were no indications of danger inside the house or to anyone outside the house.

The police didn't simply knock on the door an ask if all was well.

The police never identified themselves.

If the lady had a weapon, it is not unlawful to posses a gun and use it to protect one's property.

I think about hostage situations when law enforcement talk a person out of the house. Or they surround the house to be sure that no innocent person would be harmed if shots are fired. But this call was from a neighbor who was concerned that the door was open and lights were on at 2am. Upon arrival at the house, the lady was shot within minutes of the police arrival. 

Respected Contributor

I stand by my statement.

Guns will be the end of us.

I will not belittle those who who strive for political correctness in the way it is intended.

I will also directly address those with whom I disagee.

@Cakers3 .

Esteemed Contributor

Attorney Lee Merritt is having quite the month...representing the families of Jean, Brown and now Jefferson.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

Attorney Lee Merritt is having quite the month...representing the families of Jean, Brown and now Jefferson.

And his damaging incorrect information with the Joshua Brown

incident was abhorring.  

His words don't hold an ounce of credibility in my eyes.  

If the Jefferson Family is smart, they will find another

more reputable legal counsel. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2, Maybe I shouldn't speak for @Cakers3 but i don't think she was directing her posts to you in any way. You made a heartfelt comment and, whether one agrees or disagrees,  it wasn't pointing fingers at anyone in this thread as others have felt the need to do here today. You made a very good point on many levels.

@Cakers3,holy moley (not being able to use another word), your posts were great as well. There have many times I've agreed with you, other times not so much, but today? Lady, you're on fire and in the very best way! 

Now, I hope it's okay I adressed the two of you in one post. I've been reading your posts for so many years now I feel like we practically know each other. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No one needs to feel guilty for saying things others disagree with.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Some people just storm in ready for a fight, armed with self-righteouness and seeing something that just isn't there for their own benefit.  Newsflash-nobody cares.

When good people like @cherry  and @goldensrbest are accused of something that doesn't even remotely resemble what they said, then the right-fighting has just turned into an attempt to show how much better one is above everyone else.

It's like challenging somebody to a fist fight after an event.

Credibility has gone right over a cliff at that point.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

No one needs to feel guilty for saying things others disagree with.

@Porcelain   No they should not. 

The issue is accusations regarding a poster's character just because they did disagree.

That is the soul of a civilized dialogue, not the assessing of another person's character.

You know this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  civil discussion is almost impossible here...Talking about how we can protect ourselves ,if we are ever in a similar position, and wondering if taking certain actions might save you, should be part of any productive discussion. Thank you for your support

Honored Contributor

If any of us were in a similar position we would be toast.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr