Honored Contributor

Re: Fort Worth police officer

It'll be interesting, you saw what happened the last time a cop shot a AA dead in his own home. Maybe this time the family will keep their mouth shut and not set the tone for sentencing, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully, the judge will be more professional than the last one this time too. Another senseless tragedy.

Esteemed Contributor

The police have to stop shooting innocent people in their homes. I understand that most officers are good people. But these rogue ones are making the entire group look bad.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom the police officer didnt even get all the words out of his mouth before he fired the first shot. I think hes been on the force for 1 year. I understand it's a dangerous and often thankless job, but I feel like this officer couldnt have been properly trained.
Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@Wsmomthe police officer didnt even get all the words out of his mouth before he fired the first shot. I think hes been on the force for 1 year. I understand it's a dangerous and often thankless job, but I feel like this officer couldnt have been properly trained.

@bathina@Wsmom I'm sure he was properly trained.  The problem no doubt was that he ignored  what he learned and decided to do exactly what he was taught not to do.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Just wanted to add that the police chief has stated that it was a mistake for the Police department mentioning that there was a gun in the house since Texans are allowed to own firearms. The weapon had nothing to to do with the deceased being shot!

It was also stated by the Police Chief that if he had not resigned, he was going to be fired today anyway. 

I am waiting to see if anything at all will come of this case.  I really hate when the media or police speakers muddy the waters of the story.  A gun was found in the home???

Where in the home, the basement, a lockbox or beside the victim????

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

They need to look at training procedures  too. They also need to investigate the PD

@cherry.  Absolutely!  It's  hard to believe an officer was so poorly trained or ill-fitted for the job or dumb.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bathina wrote:
@Wsmomthe police officer didnt even get all the words out of his mouth before he fired the first shot. I think hes been on the force for 1 year. I understand it's a dangerous and often thankless job, but I feel like this officer couldnt have been properly trained.

@bathina@Wsmom I'm sure he was properly trained.  The problem no doubt was that he ignored  what he learned and decided to do exactly what he was taught not to do.

I'm not sure anymore of what being properly trained means.  The other (female) PO couldn't even tell she was on the wrong floor and didn't recognize it was not her apartment!   I sure as heck know my own house when I see it!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Just wanted to add that the police chief has stated that it was a mistake for the Police department mentioning that there was a gun in the house since Texans are allowed to own firearms. The weapon had nothing to to do with the deceased being shot!

It was also stated by the Police Chief that if he had not resigned, he was going to be fired today anyway. 

I am waiting to see if anything at all will come of this case.  I really hate when the media or police speakers muddy the waters of the story.  A gun was found in the home???

Where in the home, the basement, a lockbox or beside the victim????

Since her gun didn't have any bearing on the case, the Police Chief didn't elaborate. It doesn't matter, she was playing video games and was shot from outside through the window! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Also maybe you know but why did the police park a block away and walk to the home.....then when they got their ...why walk around to the BACK OF THE HOUSE???

I am not sure if that is the process???

No announcement

No police, police

No do you need help

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

Also maybe you know but why did the police park a block away and walk to the home.....then when they got their ...why walk around to the BACK OF THE HOUSE???

I am not sure if that is the process???

No announcement

No police, police

No do you need help

@Happiness Is Inside JOB read the police statement, no one answered the front door when the police either rang the doorbell or knocked. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson