Valued Contributor

Former boyfriends - ever dream about them out of the blue?

I just had a dream about my first boyfriend - first time I was in love,  In the dream we just hugged a lot, but I woke up feeling a flutter in my heart for this guy.  I keep thinking about him.  I have no idea what got me thinking about him.  Who knows?

Has this ever happened to you?  What generally triggers you to bring an ex to mind?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Former boyfriends - ever dream about them out of the blue?

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

I just had a dream about my first boyfriend - first time I was in love,  In the dream we just hugged a lot, but I woke up feeling a flutter in my heart for this guy.  I keep thinking about him.  I have no idea what got me thinking about him.  Who knows?

Has this ever happened to you?  What generally triggers you to bring an ex to mind?

I think it happens to everyone. I am married and though we only got married a couple of years ago we have been together for a long time. I am completely in love with him and think he is a great guy but that happens sometimes. I am actually still friendly will all of my exes with the exception of my daughters father and my very first boyfriend. I still talk to all on a regular basis and even see most of them frequently. About a yr ago I had a dream about my first real boyfriend. He was a really cute charismatic guy but I found out through a friend who still lives in my hometown and knows all the gossip that he had really become quite a jerk. Even his family disowned him. He started drinking too much and started doing drugs. His wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and they had two small kids. He would leave her for days and go out on benders, leaving her sick and with the kids while he was hooking up with some drug skanks apparently. Well she ended up dying and things got so bad with her family and his family that no one wanted to see him and didn't even invite him to her funeral, which I do not blame her family or his. His family was pretty well known in our community and well respected and they were devastated that this is what he became, he certainly wasn't raised like that. Long story short about 5 yrs ago he was driving a car with one of his druggie friends and they were both drunk and high and he got into a car accident that killed his friend. He tried to push his dead friend into the drivers seat to make it look like he was driving. The cops figured this out of course because of the injuries sustained and the damage on the passenger side and they also had tapes of him driving about 1 or 2 minutes before the accident filmed by businesses with surveillance. 

So my friend was telling me all about this a couple of years ago and how he was in prison now. He only served a couple of yrs and he tried to friend me on FB when he got out. That very night I had a dream about him. Quite a steamy one too!! lol! To me, he is lower than low and I would never even talk to him but for some reason I had that dream. Who knows why we dream these things. I have yet to meet a person who hasn't dreamt about their ex even if they can't stand them and have no feelings at all anymore. It just happens. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

I made the mistake of doing a GOOGLE search from a relationship many years ago. It was a GOOGLE image search.

It had been many years since the breakup.

The eyes were still there.

The body language was still there.

YES, the person was older

BUT, the way the person looked at me, was no longer looking at me. It hurt

It was a MISTAKE, me doing the GOOGLE search.

The breakup at the time, was my fault, imaturity

old saying

The heart is a lonely hunter 

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Valued Contributor

That hasn't happened to me for years. I find dreams so interesting. I would like to have some analyzed. I heard that if you fly in your dreams it's sexual based, falling- you don't feel in control, and reoccurring dreams - you feel stuck and can' t get past something. Sweet dreams!

Trusted Contributor

I live a nightmare every day.   My ex-boyfriend from many years ago (he's about 16 years older than me) lives next door.  He rents from a mutual friend.   It's awful.  Although he doesn't date, he treats me awful.   He's nice to all the neighbor ladies but not me.   

I stood by his side when he lost his business and had to move into the house next door.   

It's so hard seeing him all the time and feeling like you have no privacy from that time in your life.   It is fun when I do have a date though!  LOL!

I don't dream about old boyfriends, but I sure wonder where they are and if they ever think of me.  

Honored Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

I live a nightmare every day.   My ex-boyfriend from many years ago (he's about 16 years older than me) lives next door.  He rents from a mutual friend.   It's awful.  Although he doesn't date, he treats me awful.   He's nice to all the neighbor ladies but not me.   

I stood by his side when he lost his business and had to move into the house next door.   

It's so hard seeing him all the time and feeling like you have no privacy from that time in your life.   It is fun when I do have a date though!  LOL!

I don't dream about old boyfriends, but I sure wonder where they are and if they ever think of me.  

Girl, you need to MOVE ... stat !!

Esteemed Contributor

I sure did in Jr Hi and High school.  He was 2nd Chair Clarinet and I was 1st Chair Clarinet, so we had to do lots of music together.  He-was-a-handsome-blonde-German guy, I can tell you.

He went off the college, becaame a CPA and worked for GE until he retired.

I dreamed nice dreams of what things could have been.  Quite pleasant.

Love you, Bill, I think.

Esteemed Contributor

It happpens to me a lot recently. The trigger is me wondering what could have been.

Honored Contributor

Nope, only about dating my husband. I wake up going, What?

Esteemed Contributor

No........I wouldn't date any of them again. They were all nice guys, but I would look for different qualities in a guy now...