Respected Contributor

Re: Former Super Model Linda Evangelista suing plastic surgeon

@agb80 wrote:

The point of coolsculpting was that it was noninvasive.  Liposuction will leave a scar and pretty sure someone who shows their body because their profession is modeling would not want that.  As someone who was mostly a desk jockey I certainly never wanted a hose stuck into my belly and lay there as fat globules got sucked into the hose connected to a jar. 

eta: I just read more info from an interview she had with People. Evangelista, 56 detailed each spot on her body from coolsculpting her abdomen, flanks, back and bra area, inner thighs and chin.  After a few months she developed hard bulging painful masses under her skin. She had full body liposuction as a remedy that was painful and did not work. She developed agoraphobia.  

This explains what the complication is....hard bulging painful masses under her skin.  Sounds like scar tissue developed in response to the CS treatment.  To bad she hadn't done a small area on her body to see how she would react 1st before doing all of those body parts.

As for over all weight....she was 51 or 52 when she did this so that's meno age...and now 56/57 having weight issues is very common.  Then depression...well that can make you over eat too.  

I think IF she has these hard painful scar tissue lumps all over her body she will win something for the damage and I am sure she can afford a good attorney.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

The point of coolsculpting was that it was noninvasive.  Liposuction will leave a scar and pretty sure someone who shows their body because their profession is modeling would not want that.  As someone who was mostly a desk jockey I certainly never wanted a hose stuck into my belly and lay there as fat globules got sucked into the hose connected to a jar. 

eta: I just read more info from an interview she had with People. Evangelista, 56 detailed each spot on her body from coolsculpting her abdomen, flanks, back and bra area, inner thighs and chin.  After a few months she developed hard bulging painful masses under her skin. She had full body liposuction as a remedy that was painful and did not work. She developed agoraphobia.  

This explains what the complication is....hard bulging painful masses under her skin.  Sounds like scar tissue developed in response to the CS treatment.  To bad she hadn't done a small area on her body to see how she would react 1st before doing all of those body parts.

As for over all weight....she was 51 or 52 when she did this so that's meno age...and now 56/57 having weight issues is very common.  Then depression...well that can make you over eat too.  

I think IF she has these hard painful scar tissue lumps all over her body she will win something for the damage and I am sure she can afford a good attorney.  

Insulin does the same @tsavorite  but no one is going to litigate. It is called lipohypertrophy and lipo can entirely remove it. All of this is represented and before she received treatment she would have been required to sign off on it.

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

That is awful! The point of a procedure like that is to feel better about your body when you show it off. And now the exact opposite has happened to her. Now her body still has fat like many of us have, but additional lumps of fat as well, which is more unusual. If she showed that off, especially considering that she is a famous supermodel, people would be so cruel to her. I feel really bad for her.

She is known for her beautiful and distinctive face, though. And she still has that. I hope a surgeon can help her repair her damaged body.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

looks like she has aged as per being in her 50's now... and that she has put on weight.. probably due to metabolism and age.. maybe eating more.. it happens...  AND The procedure she had has risks and she could have read up on them just googling the procedure... it is rare to have the issue come up that she is claiming she has now... but it is a possibilty and there is no secret about it.

It is hell getting old.  She still is attractive but, we all get old and may not always be a super model....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe she does have some lumps and scarring from the procedure but for the most part it does look like normal aging. Some people are lucky enought to keep their thin figure as they age but for most of us, not so much! And I bet it would be kinda, no, very depressing for a supermodel. 

I dont know if she is considering a lawsuit as I havent read the whole thread but surely statute of limitations has passed and then I could imagine like the drug ads on tv have 2 mins worth of listing the side effects, the release she signed before the procedures had listed  numerous side effects also.

Maybe a pyschologist might help her because living with the depression she is suffering is not going to help her. I think she looks nice, I hope she can learn to love herself again.

eta~ oops I see the title says she IS suing

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how she expects to be a runway model still.  She's too old.  They get put out to pasture at the ripe age of 25.  Some a little longer if they're lucky.  The latest photos of her now, shows she's aged.  It comes with the territory as you get older.

Let's not forget even today, she could still look truly beautiful with makeup and hair staff.  My guess her is her disfiurgement from the procedures are on her body and not her face.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

15+ Images of Simonetta Stefanelli - Miran Gallery

Although Linda Evangelista has more sharply defined facial features than Simonetta Stefanelli (the actress who was 16 years old when she played Michael Corleone's first wife, the baby-faced Italian girl in The Godfather), I thought of Stefanelli after reading through this discusssion of Evangelista. 

Why?  I recalled seeing recent pictures of Stefanelli and remembered that she had filled out as some of us do later in life.  So, even with Stefanelli's having a different expression of her Italian features, they are similar enough to Evangelista's features to see how such a woman ages and changes without having experienced the horror of plastic surgery that disfigures her. 

I think it is true that weight and age change one's features -- even facial features.  Could most of Evangelista's displeasure with her facial features come from unwanted pounds and the ravages of age?

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76I think it's all in the genes.

Ms. Naomi Campbell then....

Ms. Naomi Campbell now

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@golding76 

Actually, Simonetta Stefanelli was 18 when she played Apollonia.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I read said that she was 16 when the production started and 17 when it finished.  

She was young and baby-faced, whatever her age.  I thought she had a sweet and innocent look.