Esteemed Contributor

Re: Former Super Model Linda Evangelista suing plastic surgeon

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

She's not taking into account what can happen to the body during menopause.   I've seen women who were slim their entire lives literally blow up when going through menopause.  Your body can change drastically.   I'm certain that the sculpting procedure didn't help, but maybe a diet and fitness regimen would work rather than yet another plastic surgery procedure. 

I agree.....menopause is unkind to weight issues. 

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 The two articles that I have read mentioned only her face and so, my post was only with regards to her face. I didn't know she'd had it all over. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Pretty hard to sue Krispy Kreme or the Cheesecake Factory.....so ya gotta blame somebody.     She didn't gain that weight overnight.

Feel better now?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Don't screw with Mother Nature.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Part of her weight gain can also be from depression.

Weight gain can also be caused by heart problems. Women are way less likely to have this checked than men. If you are gaining weight, no matter what you do, and can't loose it get your heart checked.

Trusted Contributor

I also have a lot of sympathy for her.  When someone is born extraordinarily beautiful and very tall they are always "discovered" for the modeling biz. Kind of hard for a young beauty to conceal such a gift that they were born with so I'm sure it was devastating for her to have such a terrible outcome to that procedure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

If the picture on the bottom right is a current photo at 51 she is still a beautiful woman.  Sure, she can't model, as I can tell she no longer has a model's figure.  I would love to have a face that pretty though even if only with makup.  My best makeup job can't compete with that.

@Icegoddess 

As I noted in my post, she is currently 56.  Also stated, the photo of her on the right was taken when she was 51. 

She's much heavier, now, at 56, than she was at 51.  

My previous comments:

"Here she is at 56 y/o, now."

"Linda during her modeling days on the left and at age 51."  "and at age 51" referring to the photo on the right.  

Hope that clears that up.  

@Foxxee Thanks for the clarification; however, it appears all of those pics were taken BEFORE she had Cool Sculpting.  She had gained a lot of weight before.  She had the procedure in 2017 at age 52.  Plus all the pics where she looks "bad" are without makeup.  That can make a huge difference. 

Here she is at 49 which was 3 years before her procedure:

at 49.jpeg

Here's another taken in 2016 pre-procedure:

2016 Pre-Op.jpeg

Here's one take in 2017 same year as her procedure so don't know if it was before or after, but the caption indicated that she refused to lose weight for the Versace show and that she didn't need the money because she was getting so much in child support for her son with Sofia Vergara's now husband.

2017 Pre Op.jpeg

Here's one taken in 2019, 2 years after her procedure.  I'm not sure what the hat hides, but apparently she doesn't take photos wthout some sort of head or face coveing anymore.  Surely, she didn't have the procedure done on her forehead. Even in this pic her jawline doesn't look bad, at least what you can see of it.  This is one she posted on her Instagram account according to caption.

2019 post Op.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That old saying is true and bears repeating:

"A beautiful woman dies two deaths: when she loses her beauty and when she takes her last breath."

Personally, I think this saying applies to anyone -- of any sex -- who is reasonably attractive and has a healthy regard of their appearance.

ETA:  I empathize with her pain over the loss of her "basic" look.  Not necessarily that she be rail-thin but have the general contours of her face and body again.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

That old saying is true and bears repeating:

"A beautiful woman dies two deaths: when she loses her beauty and when she takes her last breath."

Personally, I think this saying applies to anyone -- of any sex -- who is reasonably attractive and has a healthy regard of their appearance.

ETA:  I empathize with her pain over the loss of her "basic" look.  Not necessarily that she be rail-thin but have the general contours of her face and body again.

I am hoping that statement won't be true for beautiful women of the future @golding76 . No one needs to put their eggs in one basket, so to speak. Nothing is more important than education. A beautiful woman who takes the time to work on her mind as well as her appearance won't get the extreme let-down that so many seem to have. 

I saw up close and personal a beautiful adoptive mom fall apart because she no longer considered herself beautiful. She stuck me in modeling at a ridiculously young age because she believed your appearance was your calling card. I saw the side of modeling rarely spoken about. Let's just say, it is rare that a model doesn't have to use more than a healthy diet to look that way. The low amount of caloric intake wrecks your metabolism so when you eat more than 800 calories you gain weight. I suspect that is why Linda is having problems with weight gain.

I feel for Linda. She should think about trying to change the industry instead of focusing on her weight. I do not believe she will be successful litigating.😥

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trinity11,

You have made some legitimate and excellent points.  I agree with you.

I am sorry you had to endure the misguided aspirations of your adoptive mother.  Ouch!  .

Unless an individual has a deeper and broader understanding of life and a set of solid values, he or she is "up Goose Creek without a paddle" (as we say -- or used to say -- in this area of the U.S.) when looks fade.  Everyone loses his or her looks in time.  

An individual's value system and developed strengths (and whatever faith system he or she has) can help sustain in times of seismic change in one's life.