Respected Contributor

Re: Former Super Model Linda Evangelista suing plastic surgeon

@golding76 

She was  born in 1954, so was 18 when the movie was released. Depends on when her bit in the movie was filmed but I do agree she has a baby face. 

Esteemed Contributor

Naomi at 52 years old now has a baby.  It is believd to have been conceived via surrogacy.  She tells BBC that the Queen of England has appointed her: Queen's Commonwealth Trust Platinum Jubilee Global Ambassador?

The British supermodel wrote: 'A beautiful little blessing has chosen me to be her mother'

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sushismom,

That makes sense.  Have they changed her birth year, I wonder, to make her seem younger and more desirable as an actress?

I ask this because of an incident I experienced.  My first husband's sister was an opera singer in Greece.  When we were together in public, something came up and I said, "But you were born in 1946, right?"  She immediately turned to me and said not to mention that out loud again because she had given herself a later birthdate on her Wiki page so that she would be a more desirable hire.  She did not want anyone to hear that she was actually born in 1946. I laughed quietly to myself.  But those in show business know how it works.   

Here is what I read, though:

She was shown topless, although only 16 when the production began and 17 when the film came out. Her character was featured in the 1977 miniseries The Godfather: A Novel for Television.
Children: 3, including Violante Placido (daught...
Spouse(s): Michele Placido ​ ​(m. 1989; div. ...
Born: 30 November 1954 (age 66); Rome, Italy

Respected Contributor

@golding76 

Heck, anything's possible with an actor's age. 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Foxxee She said that she was NOT warned of this potential outcome or risk prior to the procedure. 

She may not have been verbally warned, but I think you have to sign paperwork before the procedure and it probably stated the warnings.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Foxxee She said that she was NOT warned of this potential outcome or risk prior to the procedure. 

She may not have been verbally warned, but I think you have to sign paperwork before the procedure and it probably stated the warnings.  

@Sunshine Kate  You are correct!  Any procedure comes with risks.  I have no doubt she was told about these risks.  MAYBE she didn't read it or if she did she thought the chance of it happening to her would be low. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sushismom,

I hope I am excused for going off-topic for a second, but this discussion of my former sister-in-law and her Wiki page prompted me to check on if she changed her age yet again.

She now avoids the issue by writing that she "was born and raised in (U.S. town, U.S. state, U.S.A)."  Now that she does not perform very much professionally, I don't think she is as frantic about keeping her age a secret.  But, as you see, she has an unknown age.  Smart.

She told me that admitting to being 70 is a career-ending admission.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

Sushismom,

That makes sense.  Have they changed her birth year, I wonder, to make her seem younger and more desirable as an actress?

I ask this because of an incident I experienced.  My first husband's sister was an opera singer in Greece.  When we were together in public, something came up and I said, "But you were born in 1946, right?"  She immediately turned to me and said not to mention that out loud again because she had given herself a later birthdate on her Wiki page so that she would be a more desirable hire.  She did not want anyone to hear that she was actually born in 1946. I laughed quietly to myself.  But those in show business know how it works.   

Here is what I read, though:

She was shown topless, although only 16 when the production began and 17 when the film came out. Her character was featured in the 1977 miniseries The Godfather: A Novel for Television.
Children: 3, including Violante Placido (daught...
Spouse(s): Michele Placido ​ ​(m. 1989; div. ...
Born: 30 November 1954 (age 66); Rome, Italy

The two birthday thing was actually pretty common when I was younger.

I attended the same college as an entertainer who had left school a few credits short of a degree, to appear as the star of a major Broadway show.

She and I had studied voice with the same teacher, and she was a VERY FINE singer, at home in every style from Classical to very innovative pop/jazz/theater.

My voice teacher would occasionally say, when I did something he thought was especially right, "When you sing that way you remind me of ---------", and that was BIG PRAISE.

A year after graduation I left singing to take a Master's in a therapy field, and often read of ---------'s growing fame in multiple music activities.

I always feel, and felt, an enormous sense of satisfaction that I studied with a teacher who did so much for her.

Here's the flip side- when she went back to school, 5 or so years after she left, she took the couple of classes she needed to finish her degree, then very publicly began to use the date she GRADUATED, to imply THAT SHE WAS 5 or 6 years younger than she actually was. THEN I read in some of her reviews that she was using a birthdate that I knew was not actually hers (she would have been a college freshman at 11).

She's STILL very attractive. But she's NOT 5 years YOUNGER than I am, and instead, at least a couple years older. "No business like show business........".

Honored Contributor

violann,

First of all, congratulations on having a beautiful voice and for studying under a gifted teacher.  I know from my former sister-in-law how important it is to study under a revered teacher.  She always included her bragging rights in that department on her bios.

Understanding that your friend's field was voice performance, just like my former SIL, I am left to wonder if that was always the case in that profession as well the acting one.

I love your story about her!  Those who seek to hide their age cannot successfully keep the truth from the entire world because there are others "who knew them when."  LOL 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like she develops keloids at intrusion sites and reflects the weight gain  effects of Menopause.  Looks familiar although my face didn't change as dramatically.