Honored Contributor

Re: Former QVC Host Alex Butler is now...

I liked AB, she was a force to be reckoned with, IMO. I think she may have ticked off someone who had the power to hire and fire. AB was on air one day and gone the next, I bet it was one of those situations where you leave or are fired.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I thought she was nice, so I'm glad she moved on to something that she's happy with.  Good luck to her.

@Venezia

I thought she was nice too. She was fun to watch.

I hope she's happy and loves her new job!

Honored Contributor

That's funny, I never heard of "Alex Butler."  When or for how long was she a Q host?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  She came in with Mary Nelson and Courtney K as a trainee.  She was on during the midnight shift into early morning.

I really liked her....

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella I liked her a lot too, found her lighthearted and refreshing. When I expressed this on the forums I was taken aback by the haters who wanted to take my head off for saying so. Strange how some think everyone should conform to one particular mold all wrapped in a package to exactly their liking only.  I am glad Alex has moved on I, wish her the very best. . 

Honored Contributor

She wasn’t a good fit for QVC in the sense that she didn’t want to be a cookie cutter host.  She seems like she’s in a better place now 

Respected Contributor

When was she a QVC host?

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 She was a host in 2017 - she may have started in the Spring.  I doubt she was there for no more than 6 months 

Respected Contributor

I thought Alex was one of the best new hosts that QVC has ever had.  Her presentations were flawless.  I was very surprised and disappointed that QVC didn’t feel that she was a good fit. 

Thanks for for the update.  Every now and then I would wonder how she was doing.  I’m glad she landed on her feet, but I still think that QVC made a huge mistake,

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

When David and Jill started, there was a third host - her name escapes me now - who started with them.  This third person was let go after the probationary period, and ended up being the "weather girl" on Channel 8 in New Haven for a while.