Honored Contributor

Re: Former QVC Exec. Sues Reality TV 'Matchmaker'

[ Edited ]

She should have spent the money on boy toys. At least she would have gotten something in returnWoman Happy. Go cougars!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

That would make a very good anecdote for ARRP!

I completely agree @Justice4all as I would think AARP would tell her to sock that money away instead of flinging it around in search of love . . . goodness I haven't had great success myself but I would never spend that kind of money to help me find my "soul mate" . . . seriously, good grief!  And this is a QVC executive! . . . . gah!

And she didn't want anyone physically ill either @momtochloe, because everyone knows we get healthier as we age!

Well all I can say is @Justice4all it's a good thing she wasn't matched with me as I cannot say my health has improved with age . . . 

I think that seniors looking for partners often want to stay away from someone in ill health who's going to need regular or constant medical care because they don't want to take on that responsibility. I imagine that for many who had prior marriages, they've been there, done that.

@suzyQ3 I apologize for my rather flippant reply as I fully understand not wanting to enter into a relationship that involves taking care of another person as I have spent the majority of my life taking care of family members.  I feel she is being very naive in thinking stating this up front will weed out those that may need care as many people will not admit to challenges upfront and coming from QVC and their array of products that cater to folks that need some assistance she should be on defense in terms of folks as if you are used to dealing with people that have challenges it doesn't take long to find these things out.  I think anyone that can afford to spend 150k maybe doesn't have the hand's on experience other folks have in terms of figuring out who is healthy and who may be not be as lucky.

Oh, jeez, @momtochloe, no need for an apology at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I don't see it any different then men at 62 wanting them to find him women that are 22...blonde...big assests in other places...and open to unusal acts shall we say!

This lady just wants someone like herself (she must be in good health and wealth)....shows you no matter your level of income finding someone isn't always easy.  

Unusual acts??? Spill it, @tsavorite

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

I don't see it any different then men at 62 wanting them to find him women that are 22...blonde...big assests in other places...and open to unusal acts shall we say!

This lady just wants someone like herself (she must be in good health and wealth)....shows you no matter your level of income finding someone isn't always easy.  

***snort*** . . . I second that emotion @tsavorite tell me more . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@MickD wrote:

@momtochloe  OMG you crack me up.....toaster.....bahahaha!

Tee hee , , , clearly someone (that would be moi) is watching too much Judge Judy my friend @MickD . . . ***snork*** . . . Smiley Happy

Or that you and I @momtochloe have a thing for small kitchen appliances 😄🤣

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@MickD wrote:

@momtochloe  OMG you crack me up.....toaster.....bahahaha!

Tee hee , , , clearly someone (that would be moi) is watching too much Judge Judy my friend @MickD . . . ***snork*** . . . Smiley Happy

Or that you and I @momtochloe have a thing for small kitchen appliances 😄🤣

Oh @Noel7 you called me out on my small kitchen appliance obsession (and yes please know it is true)! . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

***snort*** . . . I second that emotion @tsavorite tell me more . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe this forum does not allow for any further details LOL!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@momtochloe this forum does not allow for any further details LOL!

Fair enough my friend @tsavorite, I agree maybe enough said here . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh my, peein'...ROFL!!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Wish I would have known this woman - and would have told her most of these matchmaking companies are a SHAM. She should go on eHarmony - where there are many professional men her age. Match dot com is also a good site.

She's fortunate that she was able to get this story out - and was able to settle. Imagine how many women and men just lose a fortune - hoping to meet the right person.