Honored Contributor

Re: Former Mrs. America and former shopping network host charged with swindle at Macy's

I don't know what to think about this. 

Except that I think the pic of her without makeup looks like KathieLee Gifford with makeup.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Former Mrs. America and former shopping network host charged with swindle at Macy's

When I used to work in fashion jewelry for major department store, that used to happen every once in awhile. People would try to switch the tags from an expensive item and put it on something they were trying to return.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I don't recognize her from Snbc or Evine but I don't watch them often.  So, she's a theif and a dumb one at that....lol   

Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much

@spent2much wrote:

@hopi Is that a Golden Retriever in your avatar?  (Sorry to change the subject, but I just LOVE Goldens!!!)

Yes, his name is Handsome and he is as loving as he is beautiful.   I love Goldens also.

Esteemed Contributor

That's a whole lot of trouble and bad publicity for only $5000! It makes me wonder what's going so wrong in her life to cause that behavior. From looking at her mug shot, if her hair and makeup were done, she is still a very pretty woman. 

Honored Contributor

I don't remember her from Evine, nor is her name familar.  Does anyone else remember her?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't remember her from Evine, nor is her name familar.  Does anyone else remember her?

She is not an actual host on Evine, she represents some of their beauty products and reps them on the air along with a regular host at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

That's a whole lot of trouble and bad publicity for only $5000! It makes me wonder what's going so wrong in her life to cause that behavior. From looking at her mug shot, if her hair and makeup were done, she is still a very pretty woman. 

The segment I saw on this stated she ran her own beauty/fashion consultant business.  I doubt this was her first time doing this.  She had one of those guns to (re)attach price tags.  She knew enough to substitute items a sales associate in another store would accept.  She was a pro at this.

This woman is a thief.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Why did the sales associate take the clothing back in the first place if it was stained? 

Macy's takes back everything, and the sales associate aren't empowered/allowed to say no to a customer.   They might not have even cared or noticed.  (At least in "my" Macy's anyway.)

My mom worked at Macy's years ago, back when it was Kaufmanns.  It used to infuriate her that she used to have to accept returns that were very obviously used, worn, damaged, etc. 

I will never forget her telling me that a woman returned a blouse with a hole in it.  It was obvious from the hole the woman had caught the blouse on something and ripped it herself.  My mom said the blouse was also all wrinkled at the bottom from being tucked into something.  She had to take the holey blouse back and refund the woman's money!!!     

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

The segment I saw on this stated she ran her own beauty/fashion consultant business.  I doubt this was her first time doing this.  She had one of those guns to (re)attach price tags.  She knew enough to substitute items a sales associate in another store would accept.  She was a pro at this.

This woman is a thief.

Remember we had/have a poster on this board who had one of those guns and bragged about buying clothing, wearing it, reattaching the tags and returning it? 

Thieves.  All of them.