Esteemed Contributor

Re: Forget the Heat - Get Ready For The Big Chill

Oh, they threaten severe weather every winter.  Most times, they are wrong.  And I don't care how cold or snowy it gets, it will NEVER make me yearn for these days of summer.  98 degrees with 90 percent humidity?  No thanks.  

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Big Chill sounds so good right about now!

I am so hot.

I wasted a lot of money that I could have used for A/C so I am suffering.

I even opened the freezer and just stood there.

I closed it after a minute but it felt so good!

I have never been without A/C so now I realized how blessed I was.

I can take the heat but it has been too hot and too many days in a row. Smiley Sad

What I used to do up in Ind when the power would go off yet again I'd run the tub full of cool/cold water and lay there like Orca. LOL

Where I live now we have all cables underground so you don't have idiots running into the poles, squirrels eating on the lines, ice getting heavy with sleet, etc.

Believe me I don't miss the Ind weather troubles.

@SharkESound like a great idea! LOL! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

As I age, I wonder why so many people continue to live in the northeast and midwest (including myself!). There are some who love winter, but most are on the tolerate it/hate it side of the fence.

And I'm sure it is just an age thing, but winters seem longer every year. I'd be just as happy to see snow and cold from December 15 to January 15 and be done with it. 

why we moved to Tx . Easier for us older folks to be able to get out all the time as long as you plan ahead to avoid the bad weather, listen to the weather man, get out early to avoid people, etc. You can make it.

Respected Contributor

Love snow and cold!  Bring it on.

Last winter was awful, very little snow, only a couple of cold snaps.  We're paying the price for it too...worst year ever for fleas according to my vet.

Honored Contributor

People wanted us to move to Florida. We said no to that, now, boy am I glad we kept our own counsel and chose Tx. It's no bowl of cherries here with the hot, dry, conditions, but, if we had chose the other we'd be afraid to step outside right now. 

Humidity, is of no big concern here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

As I age, I wonder why so many people continue to live in the northeast and midwest (including myself!). There are some who love winter, but most are on the tolerate it/hate it side of the fence.

And I'm sure it is just an age thing, but winters seem longer every year. I'd be just as happy to see snow and cold from December 15 to January 15 and be done with it. 

For many of us it's where our work is.

I've lived in both the Northeast and Midwest.  I don't much like a lot of the weather but I'm sort of used to it.

I'd prefer San Diego or Hawaii, but there's nothing there for rme in my current field of work.  Heck, there isn't much where I am now.  I'm clinging to what I've got.

Honored Contributor

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

We wouldn't have much to complain about if we had nice weather all the time...LOL

Trusted Contributor

I'm a New Yorker and the heat doesn't bother me because I love wearing great summer apparel, sandals etc.  Most of my time is spent in central a/c at office, shopping, home, gym etc.   What I do look forward to is the Fall.  Love the change of weather and clothing, watching the leaves change, hot chocolate, sitting by the fire in my home and long power walks early in the morning to start my day.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We wouldn't have much to complain about if we had nice weather all the time...LOL

It would be nice if that's all people complained about.

hahahaha