Honored Contributor

Forget the Heat - Get Ready For The Big Chill

East coasters better enjoy the heat wave while you can as you may be yearning for it in a few months.

image.jpeg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Forget the Heat - Get Ready For The Big Chill

Bring it on LOL!  I hate the summer heat and humidity. I keep my AC in the 60's, and wear a sweater. 

Not a fan of slippery roads and walkways.  But, for me, the most wonderful day is a sunny, cold winter day.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Uggggh!  I pray they are wrong!  When you get to be my age, you do not want this kind of weather.  DH and I have physical problems and it is very difficult for us to dig out.  Also, I have to go to work every day still and digging out and driving on slippery roads every day is just terrible.  Every day I am a nervous wreck.  

No -- this is not something I look forward to.  In fact -- I am dreading it.

It has been hot and muggy, but I have not been complaining at all.  The majority of my time is spent indoors working.  And I would much rather have the sun and warm temps.  No coats, boots, hats, scarves, etc. to contend with.  Don't have to clean the car off continually, the sidewalks, the driveway, etc.   Just walk out the door and go!!!! 

I am glad some of you enjoy it, but it's not for me.  If I was more well off, I'd run for a warmer climate for the winter!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

We're overdue in the NorthEast after such a mild winter last year.  January 31st I had my outside water on and was washing cars and my grill (had a cookout!) I certainly don't think I'll see that again in my lifetime.  

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the winter before.  I had snow until June! 

Respected Contributor

Dread winter - ice, snow, freezing temps. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I detest the hot and humid weather we're having right now but that picture of snow covered taxis is chilling in every way. I live at the top of a steep and winding hill, which will be beautifully colorful this fall. By November, however, the skies will turn permanently grey, the temps will plummet, and I'll be preparing for slipping and sliding down my driveway and my hill just to get out.

Esteemed Contributor

No matter how hot it gets, I will never want a winter like they are talking about.  Give me a mild winter every time!

Respected Contributor

Not looking forward to that!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Uggggh!  I pray they are wrong!  When you get to be my age, you do not want this kind of weather.  DH and I have physical problems and it is very difficult for us to dig out.  Also, I have to go to work every day still and digging out and driving on slippery roads every day is just terrible.  Every day I am a nervous wreck.

I feel for you.  Driving to work on bad roads is the worst.  My DH clears our driveway and that of our next door neighbor.  If it weren't for him, we'd all be holed up in our houses over winter.

Honored Contributor