Honored Contributor

Re: For you married folks, were you terribly stressed on your wedding day?

Absolutely not stressed or nervous, knew from the moment I said "I do" that it was the best decision of my life!  39 years and God willing, 39 more~!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

That Persian girl is ummmm interesting.  My business partner is Persian.  His daughter was just like this girl (an only child) and spoiled rotten.  So her FIRST marriage there were over 600 (yes you saw right) people there.  We finally left and never did get to eat.  Their religion was Bhai.  It was a simple ceremony in a Hyatt Regency Hotel.  They flew in the entertainment from California.  The groom was from Mexico and the bride was originally from Iran.  That marriage lasted maybe 1 1/2 years.  Then she got married again.  This time she married another Persian and as far as I know she's happy and has 1 or 2 children (still Dad's princess).  Over the years I've learned quite a bit about Persians.  My late husband was the only person (as opposed to me) my business partner would deal with.  Once he died, he had to deal with me....(he still isn't happy).  Ha!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That Persian girl is ummmm interesting.  My business partner is Persian.  His daughter was just like this girl (an only child) and spoiled rotten.  So her FIRST marriage there were over 600 (yes you saw right) people there.  We finally left and never did get to eat.  Their religion was Bhai.  It was a simple ceremony in a Hyatt Regency Hotel.  They flew in the entertainment from California.  The groom was from Mexico and the bride was originally from Iran.  That marriage lasted maybe 1 1/2 years.  Then she got married again.  This time she married another Persian and as far as I know she's happy and has 1 or 2 children (still Dad's princess).  Over the years I've learned quite a bit about Persians.  My late husband was the only person (as opposed to me) my business partner would deal with.  Once he died, he had to deal with me....(he still isn't happy).  Ha!

Well, he'll just have to get over it, won't he annabelle?

So good to "see" you.  How have you been, and your family?

That Persian princess was "too much" but her mom didn't let her bully her, did she?  Glad it all turned out well, it was beautiful. But, she was very annoying with that whiny baby voice.

Respected Contributor

I was a happy, calm bride.  I came to the realization that I was surrounded by people who loved us and that with the love and support we were blessed with that all would be well.

Esteemed Contributor

My sentiments as well Abrowneyed girl. We were married in the cadets Chapel at the USMA so it was pretty much a group effort and one steeped in tradition and camaraderie.

Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

My mother pretty much planned the whole thing.  I just had to show up in a beautiful dress.  In 1973 you didn't live together before marriage so both of us could not wait to be together.  It was one of the happiest days of my life.

Same here..only 1975 and we couldn't wait to be together. One of the happiest days of my life, too. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I planned my wedding from start to finish with minimal assistance.  My main stresser was a heavy snowstorm a few days prior to the wedding with several attendants coming from out of state.  However, by the day of the wedding (December 30) the snow had dissipated and everything was well under control.

The day of our wedding I was as cool as a cucumber.  Heart  I knew I was doing the right thing.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I didn't have time to be stressed on my wedding day. FYI, Dh and I lived together before we got married. I was busy picking up the flowers from the florist, helping dh clean the car, feeding the dog........
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@muttmom,

Actually, a lot of us did live together in the early 70's and we're still together.  My husband and I lived together and married in 1972.  We are still together after 43 years.  I knew several couples that lived together before marriage.  Most that lived together before they married are not together now, but neither are the ones that didn't live together before marriage.  Back then, we thought of ourselves as unconventional and very hip.  Now we are unconventional, because we've been married for so long.  Who would have thunk it? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@muttmom,

Actually, a lot of us did live together in the early 70's and we're still together.  My husband and I lived together and married in 1972.  We are still together after 43 years.  I knew several couples that lived together before marriage.  Most that lived together before they married are not together now, but neither are the ones that didn't live together before marriage.  Back then, we thought of ourselves as unconventional and very hip.  Now we are unconventional, because we've been married for so long.  Who would have thunk it? Smiley Happy

and even if they didn't live together, couples were still having sex - my mom certainly had sex with my dad before they were married - my sister is proof of that!! haha
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames