Respected Contributor

For you married folks, were you terribly stressed on your wedding day?

[ Edited ]

I am watching "The Wedding Day" episodes on Say Yes to the Dress and I am getting stressed Smiley Surprised

I had not one second on angst on my wedding day (s)  - either of them.

Never in my life was I more calm and more sure that I was doing the right thing.

Respected Contributor

Re: For your married folks, were you terribly stressed on your wedding day?

Not stressed either time. ---First was performed by my father at home. Second was at in the garden of our courthouse in Santa Barbara. No huge crowds or productions. Both lovely.

Honored Contributor

Probably the most relaxed and happy day of my life. I tend to be a worrier, but I wasn't the least bit nervous. I think when you know you are doing exactly the right thing, it brings a sense of calmness.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Absolutely NO STRESS, NONE. 

Just amazing joy and security that it was right, and it was.

Respected Contributor

Re: For you married folks, were you terribly stressed on your wedding day?

I hated each and every minute of my wedding and all the planning.

I wanted to have a small simple ceremony and that's it.

My parents wanted the whole deal, and I didn't want to upset them.  They were thrilled with the whole thing, as they had been to everyone else's children's wedding!!

So, it was worth it for that.  I don't have my mother anymore, and would go through it again if I could have her back.

Have been married for 30 years, so I guess the fact that I hated the start didn't make much difference!!

Hyacinth    Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

I tend to stress about lots of things; that's just my nature. I was stressed on my wedding day, and the worst moment was when the make up artist spilled makeup on my wedding dress. 

Respected Contributor

My mother pretty much planned the whole thing.  I just had to show up in a beautiful dress.  In 1973 you didn't live together before marriage so both of us could not wait to be together.  It was one of the happiest days of my life.

Respected Contributor

no stress at all.  i was over the moon!!!

Trusted Contributor

No stress here. It was a small and elegant affair. We got married & had our reception both in a beautiful hotel, and the wedding coordinator there took care of everthing. I didn't need everything to be perfect, but it was. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, there was some stress.  I was nervous.   I knew my life would never be the same, I was young, and it was a first for me. There were no temper tantrums such as displayed on some of those shows.  My stress was not due to the size of the wedding (which was not large).

Do the math.