Honored Contributor

For those who shop Amazon -- I need to return something?

I put an item in my cart, put my info in and then it said "review" but I accidentally hit submit.  I had other items I was NOT going to order -- 

I immediately went to the order and was able to "cancel" 1 item but the other I couldn't.

The next morning I reached out to the vendor who emailed me to say it was shipping that morning (wow!).

Ill need to return these 2 items, can someone tell me how they handle returns (it was my fault). I looked on Amazon I must be missing the section, I don't see returns. Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

Re: For those who shop Amazon -- I need to return something?

you can view your order history and there are options to the right of the item to track order, return, leave feedback, etc.

just click return and you will be able to print the label and return authorization

hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

you can refuse it,they will send it back,I do this all the time

Honored Contributor

When you go into Your Account, then Your Orders, it has choices on the right.  One of the choices is "Return Or Replace Items."  That option will be in yellow after you receive your item.  Just click on that, and it will give you a return label, and you can return it.  It's really easy to return things to Amazon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @hippityhop2 & others! Just found the info on the site and I see they will refund if box is unopened at no charge. (I think I read that correctly).

Trusted Contributor

I have only returned 1 item.  I think everything comes with a return to sender in the package.  It was very easy.  Good Luck.-------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

I select UPS pickup for my Amazon returns.  The UPS  driver has a label for the package. Returns get picked up and processed very quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone .... I order from Amazon a lot lately but, I never returned anything & always wondered how I would do it if I had to... the information that was supplied here answered all of my questions!!!  😄 😀

Honored Contributor

@tashy wrote:

you can refuse it,they will send it back,I do this all the time

wow really? And then we complain that shipping is so expensive. Why even order so many things if you don't really want them?

Trusted Contributor

When you receive it go into your order info. and just click return, a screen wiill come up and ask you why you want to return it you just say why and then you can print out a return receipt and  UPS will pick it up within a couple of days even if your not home you can leave it on your doorstep and they will take it.