Honored Contributor

Re: For those who are currently married or have been married

It depends on so many things....your age for one. And how needy a person you are ...some people NEED LOVE and companionship all the time. Many people do not. 

Respected Contributor

Why? Why is this something that you are even thinking about? I have no idea. I am currently married and have NO IDEA how I would feel. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Why? Why is this something that you are even thinking about? I have no idea. I am currently married and have NO IDEA how I would feel. 

@Tinkerbell3   I do not want to dwell on this thought either...

Occasional Contributor

It's good to see so many happy wives! DH is 11 years older and he is my best friend and soulmate. I've always said I'd have to get a dog if he ever passes for company because he has set the bar so high. 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

DH was a widower when I met him. So I'm glad his previous wife told him she wanted him to find companionship again after she passed.

I'm so grateful to the amazing lady who went before me and sort of broke my DH in. She helped to teach him to be a great partner. (According to him, she ran into many of the same small faults and habits I've run into. So sometimes I sort of feel like her spirit is on my side when he annoys me. In a good way.)

Would I want either of us to eventually find more love if one of us passed? Absolutely. Not immediately, necessarily. But I know each of us wants the other to be happy. And unless my feelings about marital companionship changed, I'd still want to love and be loved. If he wanted that too, I'd want it for him.

What a nice post @Porcelain .

Esteemed Contributor

I've always told my dh that if anything happens to me, I want him to be happy, but I don't want money we accrued going to anyone else kids but ours. Of course, if I'm dead I will have no say in the matter, these are just my thoughts.

If I were to become a widow, I don't think I'd want to date or marry again. People are nuts. And I don't have the energy or desire to break another man in. 

Super Contributor

No I would not remarry for the simple fact that I don't want to have to train another one  And I've told my husband on more than one occasion, that if anything happens to me first and he remarries, I will haunt 👻 him till the day he dies. And I mean it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I went through a painful divorce after 22 years of marriage.....spent 4 years alone, and then met my current husband. He brought joy to my life again, but he's developed serious health problems. I love him dearlly, but it is not easy for me. To answer your question - absolutely no, I would not get married again.

Regular Contributor

I married at 17 & we were married for 52 yrs when he passed away after a very long time of illness.I cared for him for several years at home than he was in a nursing home for 5 years. I could never go through watching someone die that way again.I plan to live alone with my cats for the rest of my days.

Respected Contributor

I was divorced when I was in my mid 20s. Since I was so young, yes, I assumed I would get married again. And I was less than three years later.  We were married almost 30 years when my husband passed away suddenly a year and a half ago. At this time there's no way I can even imagine ever going on a date, much less getting married. But I also don't want to imagine being alone for the rest of my life.