Trusted Contributor

Re: For those who are currently married or have been married

I would never marry again if I lost my spouse.  He could never be replaced.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't think I would ever remarry. I feel like it would be a financial mistake and would not what to combine assets. Plus once is enough for me!! 

Honored Contributor

I've been married twice, so I think that's enough for a lifetime. 

Respected Contributor

What an interesting conversation. We’ve been married for 37 years. DH is 10 years older and in declining health so we figure I’ll be the one to be on my own. I’m quite sure I wouldn’t remarry, can’t really imagine dating again.

We’re appreciating the time we have together, not knowing how much more there may be. 

Respected Contributor

I would never remarry.  I have my family, it is not like I am young and wanting to have children.  I would never live with anyone either.  

I would consider dating someone if the right person came along, but he would have to be an independent sort with his own residence and finances.  I would never co-mingle my finances or personal affairs.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I don't think I would ever remarry. I feel like it would be a financial mistake and would not what to combine assets. Plus once is enough for me!! 

IF I ever remarried again, assets would not be combined, and don't need to be.  Married couples can keep their separate property separate.   

Honored Contributor

I was married and divorced three times. I'm not even considering doing it again. I'm 65 and happy to be alone.

Honored Contributor

I consider marriage to be one of life's greatest surprises, whether for good or for bad.

Whatever I do that is serious is prayed about and then I "...let go and let God."

Honored Contributor

While I believe it’s perfectly fine for those who find themselves alone to date and remarry, I don’t ever see myself doing it.  I began dating my husband when I was in high school and we’ve been married my entire adult life.  Life hasn’t always been easy or perfect but we share the same values and we’ve remained committed to one another as we rode that roller coaster together.  There’s no one who could ever replace him and I have no interest in looking.  It’s selfish of me but I hope I go first so I don’t have to live without him. 

Honored Contributor

While I'm not married, I have been happy with my SO for 35 years.  We worked at the same place and were friends first.  Would definitely not want another relationship.  Dating and getting to know someone is so much work and I never .had fun dating but was too polite to turn anyone down that asked.  I'm more of a loner who doesn't feel the need to have a man.