Honored Contributor

For those who HAVE been watching Christmas in July

[ Edited ]
Have you ordered anything? I haven't watched but maybe 20 minutes live, but I've recorded several of the shows and then just zip right through them.

I've only ordered two things- the Cheryl and Co. Cookies in the tree shaped tins (to be delivered in December) and the Hampton Popcorn in the 4 gift bags (not the tubes), also to be delivered in December. I ordered two sets of each. Yesterday on Etsy I found some cute tote bags (the thin kind that roll up and have the snap closure thing so it's small rolled up) and ordered some of those. I'm going to do the bag, the cookies and the popcorn to a few people on my list.

I'm also going to order the drawstring gift bags, but I haven't don't that yet.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: For those who HAVE been watching Christmas in July

Three sets of the Lenox Ornaments...and two of the Jim Shore Nativity Angel....(H207057)....

Honored Contributor

I almost never order the Xmas stuff but I couldn't resist the Lenox ornaments. So cute I ordered 2 sets because I want to keep some.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Very pretty Jim Shore angel, Circles.

Honored Contributor

Even though I haven't seen it presented, I ordered the Lincoln Logs anniversary set for one of my grand-nephews.  His mom recently expressed concern about all the plastic in toys, so I thought I'd go "wood" this time!

Honored Contributor

I don't watch, but I scan through the online listing of what's been shown.

I ordered the Lock & Lock Xmas containers for my daughter.  She loved the berry colored tops.

This morning, I saw the Jim Shore mini Santa and got that.  I love a lot of what he makes, I'll put that next to the computer during the holidays.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:
Have you ordered anything? I haven't watched but maybe 20 minutes live, but I've recorded several of the shows and then just zip right through them.

I've only ordered two things- the Cheryl and Co. Cookies in the tree shaped tins (to be delivered in December) and the Hampton Popcorn in the 4 gift bags (not the tubes), also to be delivered in December. I ordered two sets of each. Yesterday on Etsy I found some cute tote bags (the thin kind that roll up and have the snap closure thing so it's small rolled up) and ordered some of those. I'm going to do the bag, the cookies and the popcorn to a few people on my list.

I'm also going to order the drawstring gift bags, but I haven't don't that yet.

Are the bags you bought Sachi?

Esteemed Contributor

I watched some of it and checked online. The only things I had my eye on are the finials (Valeries and others), and a few of Valeries other things. But then I think, do I really need them? ..lol. No! Because, I have plenty of decor already.

The Lenox ornaments are cute but I have handed other ornaments out as extra gifts for years so I don't want to again. And our tree is done a certain way so I wouldn't use them myself.

As far as grand kids, I give them mostly gift cards to shop and a few gifts once they make their lists. They are older now and like to shop for their own clothing etc.now.

I also think a lot of the items are priced too high. So no I haven't bought a thing and I might add this is probably the first time I haven't shopped for Christmas in July. But I do enjoy watching some of it just because. lol.

Have fun shopping!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

I have only ordered 2 items this year, nothing really is catching my eye. I ordered the newest set of drawstring gift bags and the Bethlehem anniversary pre-lit wreath in 

clear lights.

Honored Contributor

Mousiegirl- the bags I ordered on Etsy were handmade by the vendor, not a recognized brand name.