Honored Contributor

For those that worked from home during the pandemic....

[ Edited ]

Did you go back to the office full time or maybe a few times during the week?

For my job, it worked out so well that we will remain working from home.  It's interesting how the pandemic changed the work struture for many.  Even with the Q, many vendors are continuing to work remote.  Technology is wonderful!

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that worked from home during the pandemic....

My son worked from home until recently. He goes into the office 3 days a week (Tuesday-Thursday) and works from home 2 days (Monday and Friday.)

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Before the pandemic, I worked from home 2 days a week for about 5 years.  The pandemic changed that to 100% telework.  

Like you, we all performed fantastically during telework.  In fact the changes we were forced to make proved extremely efficient.  Our measured workload reports are consistently excellent!

Yes, we are are still 100% telework.  In our group, there's a very small few (about 10 out of 300) that either volunteered to go back into the office, or their specific job really does require them to be in the office at least a couple days a week.

Any of us can go back into the office on any day, just let senior management know beforehand. 

Respected Contributor

I worked from home in 2020. By the end of the year, I joined the Great Resignation. My work had doubled. I was asked to come back in 2021, but when I finally agreed they were shut down for another week due to the new covid strain then. So, I retired a couple years earlier than I had planned.

Respected Contributor

I worked from home during the pandemic, but now I am back in the office 4 days a week (M-Th) and wfh on Fridays.

Honored Contributor

I worked from home from March 2020, until April 2021. We came back into the office 3 days a week, and then after about a month we came back full time. I enjoy working in the office more so than from home. I know most people prefer working from home, but I am one that does not!

I prefer seeing people face to face and being in an office setting. There are however, some definite benefits to wroking from home!!! 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal - I am glad you are doing well and were personally unscathed financially during this pandemic.  At the same time, I am devastated for all of those who experienced the shut down and compelled demise of their small and medium sized businesses while nonsensical regulations permitted all big box store chains to remain open and thrive, earning billions. 

Trusted Contributor

I've worked from home since 2008 pre pandemic and will never have it any other way.  Now retired and disabled, I enjoyed my WAH position. JUst do what is best for you! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of vendors probably don't want to go to the state of Pennsylvania, not exactly a tourist state. The good thing about technology is it allows those that want to stay home can. Less traffic also.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I worked from home for almost a year prior to the pandemic.  I have no plans to return to the office as long as I stay with my current employer.

At the moment I won't consider a new job unless I can work from home.  Part of that is because I do not live in an area with lots of employment prospects so I have to drive at least 45 miles and I don't want to do that anymore.