Honored Contributor

Re: For those that live along the Atlantic Coast...

Ginger Zee from Good Morning America just posted on Facebook.

She said that a lot depends on the steering winds and jet stream this week.

She said she's realizes this is very broad, but that she feels people from Mobile, Alabama, around Florida and up to North Carolina should start preparing. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Whoa...interesting update on Irma...

Both east AND gulf coasts need to keep their guard up...

The possibility of Irma slipping through between Cuba & south FL/Keys is back as a real possibility...

Everyone keep yourselves updated!

Respected Contributor

We recently had heavy flooding here in SW Fla....there is concern over a sandbag shortage.

I'm on edge...we made it through Charley by staying in our home, but for those in low lying areas, barrier islands etc....there's no place to evacuate to.

As on now, most of the spaghetti plots bring it through central Florida.....there will most certainly be catastrophe around Lake Okeechobee-especially if a levy gives out. The effects would be far reaching.

I don't want to see anybody get hit. At least yesterday one of the plots showed it out to sea although I'm pretty sure the Maritime Provinces would have taken some kind of it-but I don't wish any ill on them either.All I can say is OMG...

POODLEPET2

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@Forever wrote:

I am also among those that say the "news media" is NOT trying to scare people to increase their ratings.  Did we not just all witness what happened in Houston.  Advanced knowledge of the storms patterns is very important for those fortunate and wealthy enough to plan AND for aid agencies to make their plans.  It makes my heart sad to think that people think of everything as a political conspiracy.  So sad.

Great post @BeingKindIsEasy, thank you so much for this!  It seems the media is darned if they do, darned if they don't and I am so proud of the great coverage and also hands on assistance in literally rescuing folks from dangerous situations along with their terrific and non-stop reporting no matter the circumstance.  God Bless.  Heart

@momtochloe(you know I love you) and others commenting on the "news media" keeping people informed, specifically about Irma....

People who might be affected can find out where the storm is, where it might be going by watching their local weather reports.  The Weather Channel can provide whatever else is needed.  It's what they do.

Irma is plodding along in the Atlantic at (last I checked) 14MPH.  The sky isn't falling.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Forever wrote:

I am also among those that say the "news media" is NOT trying to scare people to increase their ratings.  Did we not just all witness what happened in Houston.  Advanced knowledge of the storms patterns is very important for those fortunate and wealthy enough to plan AND for aid agencies to make their plans.  It makes my heart sad to think that people think of everything as a political conspiracy.  So sad.

Great post @BeingKindIsEasy, thank you so much for this!  It seems the media is darned if they do, darned if they don't and I am so proud of the great coverage and also hands on assistance in literally rescuing folks from dangerous situations along with their terrific and non-stop reporting no matter the circumstance.  God Bless.  Heart

@momtochloe(you know I love you) and others commenting on the "news media" keeping people informed, specifically about Irma....

People who might be affected can find out where the storm is, where it might be going by watching their local weather reports.  The Weather Channel can provide whatever else is needed.  It's what they do.

Irma is plodding along in the Atlantic at (last I checked) 14MPH.  The sky isn't falling.

Thank you @esmerelda, in hindsight I think I was answering more for Harvey than Irma!  I guess for me, since I am so far away and powerless to help you folks in hurricane (and also wildfire areas) I just worry all the time.  Please be safe my friend and keep that TV on! . . . Heart

eta:  And I updated my review on the Guac Lock if you haven't seen it yet . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Okay, who didn't move their fan the right way?  I saw this morning pretty much every model has Irma coming for Florida and then me.    

I am done with Mother Nature running over my butt with hurricanes.  Irma better have a few drinks or some shots (I'll pay) and wobble herself back out over the Atlantic or fall apart in the Gulf.    

Laura's had enough.  All done.  I've lived in ten different states and I still can't escape these storms.  Canada, here I come.