Honored Contributor

For those that live along the Atlantic Coast...

[ Edited ]

Keep your antennae up and on high alert over the weekend. Hurricane Irma is looking like it will start heading up the Atlantic Coast by the end of next week...

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that live along the Atlantic Coast...

@Susan Louise wrote:

Keep your antennae up and on high alert over the weekend. Hurricane Irma is looking like it will head up the Atlantic Coast...

Depends if you are looking at the European model or American model.  The European model has it going to Puerto Rico.  The American model has it gong to the Carolinas where I live.  I believe we don't have to worry until Sept 10th.  Tired of the news trying to scare us to get more ratings......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Keep your antennae up and on high alert over the weekend. Hurricane Irma is looking like it will head up the Atlantic Coast...

Depends if you are looking at the European model or American model.  The European model has it going to Puerto Rico.  The American model has it gong to the Carolinas where I live.  I believe we don't have to worry until Sept 10th.  Tired of the news trying to scare us to get more ratings......

@GSPgirl  They just updated less than an hour ago though...

IMO they are just helping folks...not scaring people. That's what I am trying to do...help others. Certainly you realize all the problems from past Hurricanes. Everyone will heed warnings to their own discretion. Good Luck Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Everyone turn their fans East and blow her away please.
Honored Contributor

As long as Irma doesn't head towards the Gulf, I am relieved....we can't take any more water in Texas. Really.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:
Everyone turn their fans East and blow her away please.

@Laura14

Untitled.jpg

Honored Contributor

Meteorologists don't know what track Irma will takes, its much too early.  Whatever we get, if we get anything it will be about 10 days from now.    There are several  models models which all predict different routes those are estimates and none of them right now are predicting a threat.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Meteorologists don't know what track Irma will takes, its much too early.  Whatever we get, if we get anything it will be about 10 days from now.    There are several  models models which all predict different routes those are estimates and none of them right now are predicting a threat.  

No, nothing is well defined yet, but why wouldn't anyone that might be in the path of it, not want a heads up as early as possible.

I swear these boards have a number of people who don't think or plan beyond the end of their nose, and seem to have a problem with those that do.

I saw a report just an hour ago, updating just how 'up in the air' it all still is, but really, after what just went down in Texas, smart people are keeping an eye out and being aware of this. 

No drama, no hysterics, simply being prepared and informed. Since when did those things become subject to ridicule?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for posting.

I follow our very local weather hobbyists on Facebook and they have mentioned Irma's various tracks in relation to my town.  As a result, I added batteries to my shopping list for my flashlights.  I normally buy batteries in April and October when I change out the batteries in my smoke detectors but I will buy them a little earlier this year just i case.  I'd rather buy the batteries this weekend while they are readily available than try to find them next weekend when everyone is on high alert.

We have underground power lines in my area, so we only lose power when a animal finds his way into the substation or something odd like that.  We never have problems during storms, but you never know.

I have plenty of bottled water as I buy cases from Costco for when I go to the gym.

It never hurts to be a little prepared.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@GSPgirl  They just updated less than an hour ago though...

IMO they are just helping folks...not scaring people. That's what I am trying to do...help others. Certainly you realize all the problems from past Hurricanes. Everyone will heed warnings to their own discretion. Good Luck Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I agree and I don't see what ratings have to do with keeping folks informed.

People will watch the stations they want to watch. 

Sept. 10th isnt' that far off; better to prepare with some food/water/etc. now than wait until Sept. 9th.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh