Honored Contributor

Re: For those that live along the Atlantic Coast...

From the Capital Weather Gang here in DC:

We're still watching Hurricane Irma, but hoping it eventually curves out to sea. As of Saturday, the storm is still a threat to the East Coast. We echo the words of the former NHC Director. There's no harm in preparing now, even if it doesn't end up happening. Food, water, batteries, etc.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also wanted to add that it's still early in Hurricane Season (we are mid-way now?), so buying these things now makes sense as we have a long way to go.  Plus, we then have winter to contend with.  Ice Storms, Snow Storms and just snowy days stuck in the house.

And it's not like your batteries or your water is going to go to waste.

And if you choose your food correctly, you'll have it for your snow days as well ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Sept. 10th is when I leave for Ocean City, MD for a vacation, my only one this year. With my rotten luck, Irma will probably hit the coast, but I'm hoping it will turn away and the only remnant is rough waves with no wind and rain. I will be watching news and updates and keeping my fingers crossed for the best. 

Super Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you too! I know what it is like to look forward to that one real vacation a year and then watch it go poof....it's not a good feeling.

We are going to think positive thoughts and your vacation is not going to be disrupted! Take that Irma! Woman Mad

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltreeI agree.  I'm thinking about what will need to be done here if it comes this way.  But once the track is more determined, there will be enough time to do what needs to be done.

Talking about it now...and when did they start...Thursday?...a lot of hype for ratings.  Cashing in on "look what Harvey did; will Irma do the same?"

They need to take a breath.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Sept. 10th is when I leave for Ocean City, MD for a vacation, my only one this year. With my rotten luck, Irma will probably hit the coast, but I'm hoping it will turn away and the only remnant is rough waves with no wind and rain. I will be watching news and updates and keeping my fingers crossed for the best. 

@Cumbercookie13  I hope you will still be able to enjoy your vacation and Irma doesn't head up the Atlantic coast Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm up the hill from the Atlantic Ocean, though quite a bit north of New Jersey.  I'll check the forecast.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Meteorologists don't know what track Irma will takes, its much too early.  Whatever we get, if we get anything it will be about 10 days from now.    There are several  models models which all predict different routes those are estimates and none of them right now are predicting a threat.  

@chrystaltree

Already high water and rough waves at Wrightsville Beach.

What happened to that 10 day leeway ?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Meteorologists don't know what track Irma will takes, its much too early.  Whatever we get, if we get anything it will be about 10 days from now.    There are several  models models which all predict different routes those are estimates and none of them right now are predicting a threat.  

@chrystaltree

Already high water and rough waves at Wrightsville Beach.

What happened to that 10 day leeway ?

@Drythe  Based upon the current location of Hurricane Irma, I would seriously doubt that you are seeing any effects of Irma yet. You can go to the weather channel dot come for the current postion/location.

Hope that makes you feel better Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And there's apparently another one potentially forming behind Irma... Oh qwap...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...