Honored Contributor

Re: For those that have had a COVID vaccine

I'm asking if friends & family have gotten fully vaccinated so we can at least meet outdoors safely. Many are waiting for 1st vaccine or their second.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

No, don't feel guilty at all. No reason to.  If my husband were to get the vaccine first I would be very happy for him and vice versa.  Get the vaccination any time you can. The more that get it the better.  We have talked about it with friends when they asked.  Their response was good for you. Good friends want what is best for you. It would seem strange to me to have a friend that would be jealous that my husband and I received our first shot. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's just a life event.

Whether to share depends on the friend. If they would likely be upset, then I wouldn't go out of my way to tell them. But most people would be happy for you. So with most people, I'd definitely share the happy news.

My friend and her husband lucked out and were able to (ethically) get vaccinated with extras at a long term care facility. Sure I'm a tad jealous because I want one too, but I'm far more pleased for them and don't bedgrudge them at all. I was glad to hear their news. It's like getting a nice new car.

Edited to add: And I just checked and now I can get vaccinated too! My part of TN just went down to 16 and older. I'm getting my first shot on April 19th and I don't mind telling everybody.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 - that's hysterical.💗

Contributor

My neighbor got her vaccine at Walmart pharmacy last Tuesday.  The day of her appointment, the pharmacist told her that many people are making appointments but are not showing up.  The pharmacist told her, they have to throw away the leftover vaccines.  Appointments are every 20 minutes at Walmart. 

Occasional Contributor

Surely no one would want the vaccine leftover at the end of the day to go to waste. Lives

are on the line. It is great you got taken care of. 

Contributor

I don't see a reason not to share information about the vaccines at a time when a pandemic has affected all us in many different ways.  It's important to know who got the virus, who was tested, etc.  People want to know what type of side effects people are getting from the vaccines to compare.  Not everyone get the same vaccine.  At least that's the way is in my neighboorhood.  We are all in this together!

Honored Contributor

Great video explaining efficacy differences:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Great video explaining efficacy differences:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

The takeaway from that video is that in all trials for all the major vaccines, no one who got the real vaccine died or was hospitalized due to Covid. And in all the placebo groups several died and were hospitalized. (It's at just under 6 minutes into the video where they talk about this.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I got my vaccine ahead of my age group for two reasons.  One is due to the volunteer hours I put in at vaccine clinics.  

the other is due to the fact that I went on a waitlist and had to be ready to drop everything on a cold winter night and get to a clinic at the end of the day, in 15 minutes or less.   I make no apologies for getting my vaccine under these circumstances.  

We don't want vaccines to be wasted.