Trusted Contributor

Re: For those posting pictures of themselves....

It's my understanding that the only way to get an avatar here is to upload a picture from one's computer. Is that correct? If so, is every avatar unsafe? I mean, my avatar is an emoticon but I had to first save it to my computer, then upload it here. Is it still a risk to my privacy? 

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

@divine wrote:

It's my understanding that the only way to get an avatar here is to upload a picture from one's computer. Is that correct? If so, is every avatar unsafe? I mean, my avatar is an emoticon but I had to first save it to my computer, then upload it here. Is it still a risk to my privacy? 

Divine, when I right click on your avatar and look at 'Source" and 'Properties', I only see references to the Q community, nothing personal.

So I think you're safe!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks IG!!! I appreciate your information!

signboard thank you smiley
Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

I would never put a photo of myself on the internet, generally speaking.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I just used my dog's niece, Sky, last year's Westminster Best in Show.

My guy is "camera shy".

Re: pics - I thought Mellie looked very cute...then I realized it's a pic of S.E.Cupp! Bait & switch!!!

That dog is cute!!!!!!  I'd love to see one of them in person.

Honored Contributor

@divine wrote:

Thanks IG!!! I appreciate your information!

signboard thank you smiley

You're welcome!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

Amazing how wonderful that perfume looks just because of the peonies. What perfume is it? 

I think I need it, too.

BTW nothing happens if I click on the perfume picture or your avatar.  You seem to be safe.

Thanks for the comment and info.  I wound up deleting the pic as I was just practicing and didn't mean to take the thread OT.  Then after doing so I saw your question. Woops, LOL!  Anyway, the perfume nestled in the peonies is Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede.  I've been wanting it but no place to smell it around it and hate to pay the price unsniffed.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makeup addict wrote:
Hi i see the pic. 😃

I don't go and try to do sleuthing to find out who is whom  on facebook.  I've discovered in the past few years, that some do.  I obviously was very naive as I once posted a comment on Jacque G.'s FB page years ago and a person "discovered" who I was.  I just don't care what other posters look like, and I don't stalk facebook trying to uncover who posters are or try to live vicariously through hosts' lives.

Like I said, I was naive. Since I don't peruse into peoples' personal business, I erroneuosly thought others didn't.  I've learned that a few do.  They know everything about everyone through detective work.  It's odd, creepy and has a bit of a "stalker" mentality.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Winamac wrote:

Makeup Addict wrote:
Hi i see the pic. 😃

I don't go and try to do sleuthing to find out who is whom  on facebook.  I've discovered in the past few years, that some do.  I obviously was very naive as I once posted a comment on Jacque G.'s FB page years ago and a person "discovered" who I was.  I just don't care what other posters look like, and I don't stalk facebook trying to uncover who posters are or try to live vicariously through hosts' lives.

Like I said, I was naive. Since I don't peruse into peoples' personal business, I erroneuosly thought others didn't.  I've learned that a few do.  They know everything about everyone through detective work.  It's odd, creepy and has a bit of a "stalker" mentality.

I understand completely.  When it's something we wouldn't dream of doing we tend to be very trusting.  In my case, I know a couple of people who were traced from anonymous forums, identified and then stalked in their "real world."  It's not a pretty thing and is enough to teach us to be skeptical and even (unfortunately) cynical.  Online security isn't a laughing matter, even when it comes to what we think of as simple, "harmless" forums.

Sadly, the attempt to provide a "heads up" to folks in case they're not aware is often met with bad results even though our intent is positive.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

Thanks for the comment and info.  I wound up deleting the pic as I was just practicing and didn't mean to take the thread OT.  Then after doing so I saw your question. Woops, LOL!  Anyway, the perfume nestled in the peonies is Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede.  I've been wanting it but no place to smell it around it and hate to pay the price unsniffed.

I love the aroma of old fashion peonies. (most of our new ones have little to no scent) I wanted to love the Jo Malone perfume.  I didn't get a lot of peony from it. I think it's sort of fruity.  My initial sniff I liked it but as I pulled back, I thought it had a leathery smell. (I know, strange)

I recognize that gorgeous bouquet of yours and remember your beautiful wedding pictures.